Not a single push up????

7 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 29, 2014 3:01am
via Android

I can't do half a push up. I'm that one person struggling on the floor doing the worm looking like having a seizure. I tried 'girl' push ups (/that's what they called them) but its too hard!!! I'm wondering if its because of my booty wish I hate a lot. I have to much of it and It makes exercises way to hard. When ever I try to do a 'girl' push up my back curves weirdly upwards I cant do a  plank and its super annoyingIs there some other way I can learn to do a push up that does not involve planks ?

29 Sep
Omg, I can't do a single pushup either,it's so depressing.
29 Sep
The struggles
29 Sep
Haaaaaa!!!!
29 Sep
I was the same way...at first! Yes, start with wall push ups for sure. Work on your abs and back strength too you you're not straining. You can do it girl, now go get it! :)
30 Sep
I can't do it either :(
Sep 29, 2014 4:12am
via Android

How about pushups against the wall or some furniture? You'll have like 10% of the body weight to fight against, instead of 40%

29 Sep
Eh I'll try
02 Oct
Me too. Thanks
02 Oct
Mel, Sask, if you want, you may join our team, right now we're having a 6 weeks push up challenge. The team’s called MOTIVATION (you’ll find teams at skimble.com), pls send your request. :-)
Image_thumb
612 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 7:09am
via Android

Adam is correct.  Start with wall push ups until you can do a few sets of 20 easily.  Then progress to kneeling pushups.

Image_thumb
385 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 2:25pm
via Android

As some people have said do push ups on a wall...progress to the kitchen worktop...make your way to the edge of the sofa and then oncto floor.

It takes time so dont worry if it seems slow bit by bit you will get there and you will amaze your self once you do two or more on your first attempt on the floor.. if you keep trying you will be doing 100 in a few months time.

Image_thumb
17 Posts
Sep 29, 2014 4:00pm
via Android

This was me back in July. Seriously, what Matt just said is perfect. I'm now doing 10 kneeling push ups, barely ,  lol. And I'm working towards my push up goal, which now I can do maybe 2 . My progress alone has kept me motivated.

Image_thumb
211 Posts
Oct 1, 2014 1:41pm
via Android

This was me a month ago! Its okay, chill! Work on arm,back strength and do wall push ups. Ull see great results. I can now do 37 pushups in a minute. Practice makes a man perfect. All the best.

Image_thumb
57 Posts
Oct 1, 2014 4:17pm
via Android

I would suggest do knee pish ups, preety easy and won't strain much cause half the weight would be on your knees and when you're comfortable with it try on your toes.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51