Recently sober and starting a healthy lifestyle

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 12:21am
via Android

Hey everybody,
I got out of rehab a couple weeks ago for drugs and alcohol, and I've decided to start a healthy, fit lifestyle. The rehab I was in had a strength training gym and I really enjoyed it. I wanted to join a gym when I got out, to continue what I started and to surround myself with healthy, positive people. My local gyms want a lot more up front than I expected. So now I'm stuck and unmotivated. I feel lazy and a little ashamed that I stopped working out after getting out of rehab. I don't know how to break my lazy curse. I enjoy being active but working out alone is soo boring.
Anyways, I'm done complaining.

05 Oct
Do what you must, to get what you want. Your mind's much too strong. Even your lack of finance, can be overcome. Your sober, that on it's own is a HUGE achievement. If you really want to join a gym, make an effort, No-one is responsible for what you need and/or become. I walked this road, I know where you're at.
09 Nov
I recently got sober also and honestly it's going to be hard at first but you will start to get the hang of things and it will be easier. I focus 95% of my time on my health and exercise now. Good luck:-)
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 5, 2014 12:44am
via Android

Even though you cant find motivation , you should force yourself to workout 3 days straight, regardless.  Mind over matter. After these 3 days you might see how good it feels to be active and stay in the good habit, and continue on rather than hve to start over later

Funky_side_crow_thumb
289 Posts
Oct 6, 2014 9:49pm
via Android

Hi Glen. I know how you feel. I'm not someone who would enjoying going to the gym alone. And if I was just forcing myself to do it out of some sense of duty to my health - well that just sounds miserable and I can't see it making for much of a workout.
Have you considered joining a class or a club like a running club, or circuit training class, or martial arts class, or a sports club or team? Worked for me.

All the best (and you have my utmost respect for getting through rehab).

07 Oct
I have thought of those things. I was on my churches softball team. I really want to do this aerial fit thing in my city. My little sister is an aerial acrobat for a circus and I thought it was really cool, so I asked her how to get into it. That's how I came across this aerial fit place that teaches aerial acrobatics, aerial yoga and circus fitness. But of course, they want lots of money. All of my activities will have to wait until I start making money. For now I found a big ass rock that I've...
Image_thumb
39 Posts
Oct 7, 2014 3:35am
via Android

Hey, who says you need a gym to stay fit?

If you want it bad enough you will do it. Fill milk jugs with dirt. Water bottles. Run, walk, swim. Money is not needed for those things. How bad do you want to exercise?

Hope you find that motivation yourself. It's the only way you'll succeed!

Thanks for staying sober.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51