Previous injury causing issue...

3 posts | Original | Recent
24 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 3:12am
via Android

Okay so I had a pretty bad motorcycle accident about six years ago. I ended up with a fractured skull... Three broken ribs and pins in my ankles... For the most part I can exercise past the pain... But when it gets cold here in Michigan every thing hurts...

I want to be able to soothe the pain during the cold weather so I can keep the weight off... Anybody have similar injuries or injuries that still cause pain during workouts...

Anybody have any ideas... Let me know... Plz

2 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 4:05am
via Android

Hi well I tore my ACL twice and I have surgery once. Whenever the weather's change it always aches; but what I hear from other people is if you rub bengay on it helps. I haven't tried it personally. I usually just try to manage with the pain by myself but try it out and let me know if it helped.

23 Oct
I'll do that... Let you know if it helps or if it's just another well advertised product
23 Oct
Lol alright, hopefully it actually does work and not another well advertised product
24 Oct
I'll be sure to let you know I'm picking some up tomorrow
25 Oct
Hey the stuff worked quite well... I still felt a slight bit of soreness but no more than I feel exercising in summer... All in all I approve.. Thanks for the suggestion
19 Posts
Oct 23, 2014 2:27pm
via Android

Hi Hun, I know how you feel I was in a bad car accident in 07 and ended up with a bunch of plates and screws in my foot/ankle. I also have RA which is so painful and causes me lots of fatigue. I have been having a hard time exercising due to the pain. A few people here recommended swimming, dancing, zumba and yoga to me. They also suggested dressing in layers(while running or exercising out doors), and use protective gear/icy hot patches while working out . Just do as much as you can when you can, :) and rest when you need to. Eat healthy. I've also heard that glucosamine/chrondriton (i think thats how it is spelled) helps with the joints.

23 Oct
Those are terrific options. However I have tried most of those and they help me continue to exercise during rainy and chilly weather but when it comes to Michigan winters they never seem to work enough

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51