No more soft drinks

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Oct 25, 2014 4:38am
via Android

Been soft drink free for 3 weeks now. Man I tell u first week or so was so hard looking at the coke machines at work and paying $0.75 more for a poweraid then for a coke. Trying to the healthy thing is expensive

25 Oct
You've inspired me. I drink way too much coke and from what I hear that's bad for joints.. Gonna replace coke with tea then, plus water, juice, herbal teas etc. A week challenge first to see how it goes! Thanks :-)
25 Oct
Once u get past that week its a pice of cake but be careful because the lack of caffeine will give headaches so dirk some tea to help a little thats what I did
25 Oct
Thanks Carin. Yeah, I've been drinking tea today. I don't like coffee (apart from its smell!), so some tein should be a good replacement... So far so good, no headaches, let's see tomorrow :-)
25 Oct
No problem u got this trust me if I can do it anyone can.
Image_thumb
171 Posts
Oct 25, 2014 8:55am
via Android

Poweraid isn't exactly much healthier if you drink it like soda

25 Oct
I dont I drink water juice tea milk as well
25 Oct
Powerade**
25 Oct
Mhm. English being my third language and autocorrect don't always mix that well.
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Oct 25, 2014 6:22pm
via Android

Drink up to 4 5 litres of water and you wouldn't want to drink anything else for the day :) .. coke free since about 3 months now

25 Oct
Water is good, but most people don't need to drink that much water.. Don't wanna get water poisoning either (don't drink a looot of water in a short period of time)
25 Oct
25 Oct
Haha lol is there such a thing as water poisoning? :p I do drink 5 litters of water everyday I just get that much thirsty! Maybe cause I smoke occasionally.. trying to quit though. I simply replaced a glass of water with a bottle of water and trust me I am not always running to the restroom :p
25 Oct
And I am drinking loads of green tea too which burns up the excess water in my body
25 Oct
It's real. It's extremely rare tho. I have no idea why she even mentioned it. It's nothing a sane or somewhat intelligent person would go thru. You'd have to drink a lot more water than what you're drinking within an extremely short amount of time. Don't worry about it. Some people are just too paranoid and quick to warn people about something that's not going to happen.
Image_thumb
7 Posts
Oct 25, 2014 7:00pm
via Android

I always buy my powerade zero at the grocery store rather than a gas station or at work because its 69 cents at the grocery store rather than $2 anywhere else. Check out your local grocery store for them.

Image_thumb
171 Posts
Oct 25, 2014 9:01pm
via Android

Good, but most juices are just as high in sugar as soda :/ I'd recommend herbal teas.. There's so many out there you're bound to find one you like :) if you like sweet there's also fruit teas that don't need any sweetener.

25 Oct
There is no sugar in powerade zero.
25 Oct
True.. But it still hsd still artificial sweeteners.. Which people have different options about :p
25 Oct
Has* opinions* ugh
25 Oct
You were talking about sugar tho. Artificial sweeteners are a different story. Reread your original post before you start with a response. Might help you a little with the whole -not looking so blonde- thing. :)
25 Oct
Actually I was replying to the girl who made this post, she didn't mention anything about it being powerade zero.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51