Help with Bmi

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 2, 2014 12:56pm
via Android

Hi
I dont no how bmi works, i no it a percentage of body fat, but 11months ago i was 45bmi... i got down to 31.9 now today i am 30.7 so van sum one tell me how much fat i have lost and how to work it out?? First time in 6 years ive taken exercise n fitness serious
Thankyou

02 Nov
It's just a number, better to take measurements
02 Nov
Yeh i will be just bought hiphop abs ( beachbody ) so goin to do that now.. thankyou
02 Nov
You're welcome :-) good products from beachbody, hope you enjoy them!
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Nov 2, 2014 1:08pm
via Android

Bmi ( body mass index)is equally proportioned to your  height it will not show how much fat you have lost. Please find out your ideal Bmi by using online Bmi calculator and it will tell you your ideal weight.
All the best and keep up good work.

02 Nov
i no wa percentage im suppose to be at n the weight just confusing and thankyou so much
Nov 2, 2014 1:51pm
via Android

Hi

02 Nov
Nov 2, 2014 7:40pm
via Android

BMI (Body Mass Index) is calculated as follows; take your height in meters (m) and weight in kilograms (kgs). Divide your weight to your height in meters squared (m2)

BMI = weight (kgs)÷ height (m2)

BMI ranges from one continent to the next because people of different race have differed ratio of fat mass to body mass.

One other thing that should be noted about BMI is that it's not accurate when it comes to measuring fat mass because sometimes people may have more of lean mass and less of fat mass therefore BMI leads them to thinking they're overweight.

For instance, the body builders have a higher BMI but it's not because they're overweight, but they have more lean mass aka the muscles.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 2, 2014 7:42pm
via Android

Thankyou :)

02 Nov
You're welcome ;-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51