Amibitious Personal trainer

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 8:02pm

I am currently studying personal training as a degree at university level. If people are strugglying with exercises or with training programmes or even with physiology and antamony. I am here to answer your questions with the best of my knowledge and if I do not know, I will do research to find out the answrer!:) FIRE AWAY!

06 Nov
Hi, I am 188cm tall and weight 89kg the navy method shows that I have 16% of fat. Can you train me so that I will reach 10%? I consume ~2500kcal a day of balanced diet.
06 Nov
To be fair that body fat percentage is fanastic already however, cutting out such things as foods which high sugar, salt and carbs will help as it wont be stored as fat. If you do consume sugar, make sure you burn that sugar off straight away. Also training at 55% of your maximum heart rate will help
06 Nov
Im 19 years old, 5 foot 8 inches, abd about 130-135 pounds. Im really just looking to flatten my stomach and slim down my legs a tiny bit. Im eating more fruits and trying to proportion better. Any advice regarding diet and certain workouts?
07 Nov
I would suggest cutting down fats, salt and carbs unless you use this energy with exercises every day. As far as exercises go, you should working with plank and different variations, sit ups, crunches, Russian twists, oblique crunches, reverse crunches, heel taps etc:)
08 Nov
Any suggestions for sore calves? Ice doesn't seem to be working and its been 3 days.
300x300_thumb
168 Posts
Nov 5, 2014 10:51pm
via Android

Okay, here i go.

I'm 5'9 210lbs. I take in roughly in between100-160 grams of protein. At what point should I be concerned about kidney stones? Or any problems l might face because of this?

06 Nov
The main thing is your diet, if you are that body mass with a small body frame it puts strain on the bones, arteries and vein etc. You will need to cut out all fats and sugars if possible or at least half them so you can start losing weight before putting mass on. If you put mass on before losing that weight, you will face something sooner or later but because I do not know your diet or body composition etc, I can't make a judgement on that.
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 6:36am
via Android

Here goes... whats a healthy body fat percentage? Im a 29 yr old male.
Thanks

06 Nov
10-20% :)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 9:20am
via Android

I have one. A little back story, I am a pipe fitter by trade and over the last two years I injured my back severely twice on the job. Last February I damaged the base of my spine, and a year prior I damaged two plates/disks. I have gained a lot of weight since the injuries but I feel like I am ready to start exercising again. Can you recommend any low impact exercises I can do at home besides yoga that won't strain my back too much until I feel it is ready for something more strenuous?  

06 Nov
If you have damaged the lower part of the back I would presume it was the lumbar part where most movement is provided. To strengthen the back you need to strengthen the core too. They work in pairs. Exercises such as floor bridge, sit ups, crunches, back extensions, Russian twists, bicycle crunches, reverse crunches and perhaps some cardiovascular endurance including running, cycling and swimming. Try to engage your back first then strengthen. Hope that helps:)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 10:18pm
via Android

Thanks I will give it a shot.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 6, 2014 11:09pm
via Android

Well I've been working out since about two weeks now I've been doing the standard bench press with the barbell, but I did dumbbell bench press today and got negative feedback for the exercise from the "big guys" saying that it will ruin my chest and this exercise is only for monsters and not even for them. All that I have read on the Internet is in contrary. Any help would be appreciated please

07 Nov
Every one starts someone, as long as youre not lifting heavy to begin off with then there is no real harm in doing that exercise
Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 6, 2014 11:21pm
via Android

I'm 16 years old 5'2 and around 160 pounds. I'm not fat but I'm definitely not thin. I need an overall body workout that's really easy to start off with. I want to start eating healthy and exercising because I'm really not healthy. Its hard for me to get motivated and have the energy to do things. Please help

07 Nov
Set goals, determination is needed, reward yourself (not food) when you complete exercises, when you get fitter and stronger you'll want to do it naturally:)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 7, 2014 1:13am
via Android

I'm 5'5 \ 61 kg. I struggling to lower my body fat percentage to build muscles n get toned.
I work out 4 times a week.
I need to know what kind of diet I need to lower it?

07 Nov
Low salt, fats and sugars. If you eat sugars or carbs burn them off before they turn to fat:)
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 1:24am
via Android

OK wow that is lame

Nov 7, 2014 1:32am
via Android

Hi,can you give some workout to build more muscles? I want to get buff and also excercise to become more tall. I have back problem so alternative workout for crunches that make my core build..

07 Nov
You cant exercise and become tall, its genetic. Back problem is cured with core workouts such as crunches, sit ups, russain twits, back extension etc. Body weight exercises are great for developing muscle.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 1:33am
via Android

Hi

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 1:34am
via Android

Can I do u I can't I just join the workout

07 Nov
Image_thumb
211 Posts
Nov 7, 2014 1:35pm
via Android

Heyy! I'm 14 years old, around 190lbs and my height is 5"3. Could you please tell me what workouts should I do and how many times a week. And... I get demotivated very fast! That's the problem with me.

07 Nov
You need to give me a goal? I cant prescribe workouts without a goal
07 Nov
I want to lose weight. Around 30 lbs and I want a flat stomach and keep my flexibility
07 Nov
Core stabilzers
07 Nov
And what else can I do?
08 Nov
Training at 55% of your maximum heart rate. Keep performing stretches that will either maintain or increase flexibility.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51