Workout question..

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 6:09pm
via Android

Did my morning workouts earlier. Started with sit ups, after a few reps in I had a sharp pain coming from both sides.. I've never had that pain before and by time I was done I was almost in tears. Does anyone know what it could be? I was thinking it is just because I'm out of shape and my body isn't used to it yet. Now it hurts to bend down or turn the wrong way?...

14 Nov
Is a good sign. Now try to do same muscle but in different form is a lot ways to work in the same muscle
14 Nov
One thing very very important, when doing abs exercises, remember to ALWAYS exhale when you're compressing. In your case when your coming towards your knees. Otherwise you will put a lot of pressure on your vital organs which may also lead to pain...
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 6:50pm
via Android

Is it a sharp pain that's deep in your muscle/sides or is shallow. And what an exercise were you doing, just sit ups?

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 6:55pm
via Android

It's a sharp pain. I did sit ups, crunches, leg raises, plank, and squats. But I did the sit up first and after the first 5 that's when the pain started. I'm on day five of my journey.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 7:02pm
via Android

If the pain is a bit different from the good kind the muscle sourness than you'll be safer visiting a physician than being sorry later I get sore from time to time but the pain is never sharp so get it checked of it isn't manageable

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 7:04pm
via Android

And you should be giving abs and all muscles proper recovery time if you're training to failure or weighted exercises

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 7:05pm
via Android

Well I kind of figured that is was just because I haven't worked out in a long time. That my body wasn't used to it yet.

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 7:09pm
via Android

I'm just doing basic exercises for now to get my body used to first. I have a knee injury so it's hard to do some exercises. I stretch before I exercise, and I take rest days.

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 7:14pm
via Android

Yea, if it's a sharp, specific pain then you may need to cut back on the exercising and see a doc. If it's the warm fuzzy muscle pain that radiates all over the muscle then it's the exercise working. Lol. Make sure you give yourself the appropriate warm up and warm down (stretching) before and after you exercise. It helps alot to prevent injuries. And it's always best to ease back into being active again.

14 Nov
Thanks. I started out easy since it has been awhile since I've actually exercised. It feels like a sharp pain right around my hip but it's on both sides.
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 7:21pm
via Android

Is it on the upper part if the hip or where your legs attach to your body?

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 7:26pm
via Android

Upper

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 8:54pm
via Android

Thanks, didn't know that.

14 Nov
You may have pulled a muscle. Does it only hurt when you are doing abs? I did that once and had to quit doing abs for about a week so my muscles could recuperate!
Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 9:04pm
via Android

It hurts now as well, just not like it did when I was doing the sit ups. It didn't really hurt when I was doing crunches or my other exercises.

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 14, 2014 9:54pm
via Android

You may have pulled/strained muscles there. Your Obliques maybe?
Maybe limit core exercises that involve rotation or that muscle group to a minimum until you feel better.

14 Nov
Thanks.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51