Sit up

13 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 5:28pm
via Android

What exercise can I do to replace sit ups for now? I tried doing them again this morning and the sharp pain is still there...

31 Dec
c est bone sixy
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 5:47pm
via Android

What kind of pains do u have?
Maybe try to make situp on a chair?

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 5:48pm
via Android

Sharp pains above my hip on both sides.

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 5:54pm
via Android

Take a couple days off from sit ups and try more gentlytry crossing one legso your foot touches ur knee then sit up

15 Nov
15 Nov
I agree. Take a break
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 5:55pm
via Android

Do u have  this pain in any other workouts?

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 6:07pm
via Android

Not really

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 6:18pm
via Android

Lay off situps for a week and try abs rollout box jumps and planks in the meantime to strengthen your core :)

15 Nov
Okay, thank you!
15 Nov
No worries :-)
15 Nov
Side to side bend... cross knee high… twists … flutter kicks... Try leg raise to see if the pain is still there………
15 Nov
I do leg raises too and the pain is there just not as severe.
Image_thumb
122 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 8:40pm
via Android

Ok try the other ones...
It may also be gas... check it out, and one very important things when you ate doing sit ups is to exhale whenever you are compressing your body... otherwise you will put a lot of pressure on your organs...
For more info check the topic good to know...

Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 9:49pm
via Android

Good old plank pose.

Image_thumb
36 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 9:50pm
via Android

I do those already. I do sit ups, crunches, leg raises, planks and squats everyday.

15 Nov
What's your maximum hold?
15 Nov
Maximum hold?
15 Nov
Yeah for planks how long can you hold?
15 Nov
I'm not really sure. I just started a couple days ago and I'm at like 30s and it's not coming close to bothering me... Time will tell, taking it one day at a time.
15 Nov
Try giving at least a day before hitting the same muscle group again, your muscles need recovery time that's when the growth happens be sure to fuel your self with good enough proteins and proper rest. Too little rest and gap would lead to injuries try your best to avoid them and good luck working out :)
Icon_missing_thumb
8 Posts
Nov 15, 2014 9:51pm
via Android

Just vary the exercise and limit your bending forward at the hip or lifting the legs up. And your twisting exercises

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 16, 2014 1:36am
via Android

Listen to your body,any pain stop straight away,you may have pulled a muscle and if u dont rest may hurt more,did with me,no tummy exercises for while

Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 2:17am
via Android

Instead of sit-ups do reverse crunches. Instead of lifting your body to your knees, bring your knees to your chest and breath out and squeeze your abdominals tightly at the top of the motion. Regular crunches put a lot of strain on your hip flexors which could be the pain you're feeling. Crunches are worthless mostly anyway lol.

18 Nov
Lol thanks. I've tried several other things. Like burpees and some other things. The pain was still there.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51