Whos happy with their life

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
327 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 5:46pm
via Android

What things are holding you back from being where you want to be??negative friends,family,time,partners

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 6:31pm
via Android

Nothing, you're the only one who can truly hold yourself back screw the haters and put your head down to get to where YOU want :)

Pnix_thumb
33 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 7:22pm

My first look at the subject of this thread hit me like "Who wants to commit suicide" but then I thought... This is a good topic to bring up because if you are not happy with your life then you surely are not working on yourself as much as you should. 

I was thinking... am I happy with MY life? I automatically started to complain to myself about what I have to go through at my job and my work around the house and all I would love to get done but I am an a$s-dragger. Thats what led me to Skimble.

After talking to some newly made friends and reading inspirational words from others I decided to take care of myself and get back to moving and you know what? I came to the conclusion that if you concentrate on you first, it will help you in all other aspects of your life.

1. The job won't bother you anymore because any chance you get you work on anything you can like the Wing Chun November challenge :) and for some reason you will always internalize your next workout plans. Helps my day go by faster watching my fellow skimblers progress and me trying to catch up when I can.

2. House work? Not a problem.. you will have energy again to clean the garage or jump on the mower. No issues and not enough hours in the day to get everything done! Working out and eating right gives you energy and plenty to get you up and moving to do the things we love to put off..

3. Your personal life is more enriched because you feel better about yourself. You feel more sexy and strong and somehow working out turns you into a sex machine (we talked about that on other threads). When you feel confident, you show it and others see it. You become a magnet to some and a big inspiration to others. You pack fire in your eyes and will be willing to share info with other who need it.

After all of that and you look back, you are going to realize that you shouldn't have been looking for ways to be happy with your life. All you needed was a way to be happy with yourself. It starts with getting involved and making time for yourself which we all here know is difficult but possible. Now git 'er done and take care of yourself!

May the Skimble Force be with you.

18 Nov
Thats great!!no matter what you want to achieve if ur heads not right it wont work so well,theres some great peps here!!may the force be with u!!
18 Nov
Yes. A lesson I am learning now. It is a difficult task but absolutely important. I will eventually be back to the level I was when I was dedicated to myself. Funny how things close up on you when you slack too much. You lose it quick.
18 Nov
What a great post, thanks for the inspiration
Image_thumb
23 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 11:14pm
via Android

Maaaan what a heavy question lol. It's good though. I was thinking about it and, no, I'm not really satisfied with my life right now.

But I am putting in work to get where I want to be. Through hard work I've paid off almost $4000 in credit card debt and almost the same in student loans this year. I've gotten myself back in school following a career path I finally feel connected with. And I've reconnected with friends, family, and myself. Not to mention spent time in the gym getting ripped lol.

So right now I'm not where I want to be, but when I look back at where I was (and when I look in the mirror) the view is a hell of a lot better now.

19 Nov
Great job Ryan. I am also trying to sort things out and with Carole's question I also sat back and gave it a thought. It is not that I wasn't trying to make things better but now I can actually see me making things better. It's like working on something in the dark and then someone turns on the light for you. That question just never crossed my mind until now LOL.. good one Carole.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51