Need motivation!

9 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Nov 19, 2014 1:13am
via Android

Hi everyone....I just started using this app because i have gained 30 pounds over the last year and I'm really trying to get back in shape! But i tend to start working out for a little while then lose the motivation and get lazy! I also could use some tips on eating healthier and toning my body! Anything really would be appreciated!:) Thanks!

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 2:47am
via Android

Yeah I'm with you.
Investing in the family plus work is a fulltime job! And then some!
I'm trying to find the motivation too.
I just started doing a 24 hour fast on Fridays.
Last Friday was my first day and it went really well. I feel much better and plan on continuing.
What have you tried so far that failed?

19 Nov
Hi Tim! Yes i work full time and attend school along with having a family...so it's hard to find time to work out! I have tried a million different workouts and dieting....which did not help! I realized that i can't diet because i will want those types of food even more...i starting controlling portions and eating more fruits:) I have tried fasting with no luck! What type of fasting are you doing?
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 3:12am
via Android

Hi Mallory,
I'm just drinking water from my last meal on Thursday night until Saturday morning.
It might not have a significant effect on weight loss, but it does give my mental health a boost. I felt better than I have in months and I plan on doing fasts every Friday.
It's my Fasting Friday!

19 Nov
Lol!! Fasting Friday's...that's awesome:) Well good for you! I have been trying to drink more water to! I don't drink as much as i should! I love energy drinks...so I've been trying to stay away from those! So you drink nothing but water until Saturday? I don't know if this is a stupid question:) but do you eat anything Friday or just drink strictly water from Thursday night to Saturday morning?
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 7:54pm
via Android

Hi Mallory,
No it's not a stupid question.
I only drink water, no food.
The first time I did it was hard.
But it's easier after that.
You can try fasting from energy drinks on Friday as a start!

Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 9:08pm
via iOS
Image_thumb
520 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 9:45pm
via Android

Fasting can be pretty hard on you and your metabolism just start with eating healthy and how often do you train and what kinda workouts do you do? Bodyweight ones or a gym?

19 Nov
I just use different ones on this app...i use the workouts for legs and arms and things like that i don't use weights:)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Nov 19, 2014 10:31pm
via Android

Mallory, I too am in your same boat. However, maybe not AS busy as you are.  I've been told if you can focus for just 30 minutes per day on yourself, you will be so much better at everything else you do. I have found that to be true, AND yet it's easy to become overwhelmed with giving time to everyone and everything else. I too have recently come to this app for motivation and guidance. So I am starting with exercising 30 minutes at least 3 days a week and making healthier food choices. When I feel I'm in a routine, I may shake it up to add another day. Good luck on your journey - small changes create big results! (That's what I'm hoping for anyway!) :)

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Nov 19, 2014 11:11pm
via Android

Another thing to consider is wearable fitness bands like UP3 that's coming out in a month.
These are great motivation tools that already connect to your phone's and apps.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Nov 20, 2014 12:52am
via Android

I am a certified personal trainer and nutritionist. Also with Project 10.. not sure about the rules for this group. If you are allowed to email then email me shannon@vi-chlg.com

20 Nov
I find that also with a hectic schedule you can also get a 15 minute workout or good stretch during your lunch break. My family has a history of cardiac and stress related illnesses. Ever since I've been stretching in my off time or doing a short walk around I've found my stress levels and amount of times I get tension on my heart muscle has decreased.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51