MY Story

10 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 9:38pm
via iOS
Hi,
So fellow Skimblers can kick my ass if I get too lazy, here is my story ....
Over 10 years I'd gone from a kick-boxing, gym twice a day, health nut to an overweight (224lbs at my heaviest & I'm 6'1), unhappy man in denial of how unhealthy I was until a holiday last year in the Domincan Republic. I'd done a bit of exercise and thought ' I look OK ' as I stepped on to the beach.... Until I saw the holiday photos !! In disgust I set about sorting myself out !!
I started slowly building my cardio up to move away from the weight-lifting I used to do before starting HIIT training 6 days a week in December...
I'm now at 200lbs and have signed up for a Tough Mudder event in September.
My target weight is 170-180 lbs and a body fat percentage of 14-17% ( it was 28% last year ! )

YOUR MISSION SKIMBLERS .. If you choose to accept it .. IS TO KEEP ME GOING !!!!!!!

07 Jan
Mission accepted.
22 Apr
For all you have done for others. I'm in.
23 Apr
By the looks of things Scotty you have come a long way! Your well respected on here and have shown with hard work it can be done! Congrats to you!
23 Apr
Thank you Hector & Dawna! I read this from time to time to remember how far I've come.
03 Dec
You should be proud of yourself
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 10:02pm

Thanks Chris. Any suggesteworkouts on here ? I prefer high intensity 

Image_thumb
53 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 10:21pm
via Android

Its hard. But not impossible(: & thnx for sharing.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 10:24pm
via Android

I am having the same kinda experiance i know im not obese or anything but i can look better my dropping about 20 pounds! I just need some motivation!

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 10:26pm

I'll race ya !! 

Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 10:26pm

Just make sure u get on my case if I take a day off ; ) 

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 7, 2013 10:28pm
via Android

Okay! That works cause im pretty competitive :)

Image_thumb
821 Posts
Dec 3, 2015 8:17am
via Android

Have we kept you going? Ehhh scotty? I was looking through your topics, to find the burpee challenge one. Ended up finding this. Never knew what through you back into fitness.

03 Dec
How did I miss this one???? It's like finding a £50 in the sofa when you're digging about for a £1 that fell in the crease! Awesome work Sagi bro!
Image_thumb
237 Posts
Jan 6, 2016 7:22am
S.k im back!!!!!!!! Get your ass in gear got new workouts coming your way new pics. Etc tell E i said hello.
06 Jan
Looking forward to it D!!!!!
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 11, 2016 3:08am
via iOS
Moving into the next phase of my journey! 

I've started lifting much heavier than I used to,  utilizing drop-sets & a mixture of high weight/low rep - low weight/high rep programs.
From time to time I'll throw in a crossfit day to mix it up. 

Loving the gym life now & can't believe I lost it for a decade of my life!!!!!!!! 
11 Mar
Drop sets and mixing high reps and low reps is my favorite way to train
11 Mar
That's what I am doing right now high reps, low reps supersets and dropsets and I am loving it and I am getting gains! How is the diet going now Scotty?
11 Mar
I'm gonna start posting my new workouts again soon. Today was squats only. Walking is very interesting right now!!
11 Mar
I hear ya when I do legs, I am sore for a few days now.....lol OK how is the diet going..... lol time to kick it in high gear
11 Mar
4 days good, 2 days not so good. It's a start!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51