Water vs Soda

60 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
174 Posts
Aug 6, 2012 2:05am
I remember the day I quit soda and replaced with water. My joints stopped hurting within 24 hours and I felt that I had more energy all the time. Made it much easier to go workout! What's your water story?
Image_thumb
75 Posts
Aug 6, 2012 2:13am
via iOS
Ever since I have been drinking water soo much more my body has a lot more energy
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 6, 2012 3:22am
via iOS
I love sprite! I love the minute maid juices. Since I've been drinking water, I haven't gone back since. I crave it now and haven't had the urge to drink other stuff.
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Aug 6, 2012 6:25am
via iOS
Soda has never really played a part in my life. My parents only let us drink it on special occasions like birthdays. But there was always a big jug of water in the fridge and my mom made sure we drank our water. So even now when I go shopping I buy soda only when I have guests but other than that I only drink water, tea or coffee. If you don't make soda part of your drinking habits you won't really miss it.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 6, 2012 8:25pm
via iOS
I'm just now starting to replace dr.pepper with ice tea and water. I can feel the difference for sure!
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 13, 2012 1:35am
via iOS
I have always drank soda and I have never had a problem and water is gross
27 Apr
Icon_missing_thumb
11 Posts
Aug 13, 2012 3:24am
via iOS
No offense to you you at all Mike J. But from the looks of your picture, drinking soda hasn't done anything good for you either.
Image_thumb
179 Posts
Aug 15, 2012 11:24am
via iOS
If you're going to make the switch from soda to water, make sure you do it cold turkey. DON'T BUY ANY DIET SODAS. They are full of aspartame, a very bad chemical.
05 May
Isn't aspartame in gum too?
05 May
And it gives you brain cancer
Image_thumb
16 Posts
Aug 22, 2012 2:12am
via iOS
I LOVE dr. Pepper!!!!! I really don't know if I could give it up. However I only drink it when I go to the movies or a restaurant, and I don't do that very often. However that doesn't mean I only drink water. I'be come to find that the more I make something taboo, like drinking anything but water, the more I start to randomly crave it. So water during every meal and tea any other time has really helped me. Plus the fact that I make water more accessible than anything else helps me drink more water than other stuff. 
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Aug 22, 2012 11:28am
via iOS
Water is the best for your health and your body.   Drinking a lot of water makes your skin nice and helps our stomach. 

We can live drinking water but we can't living drinking Soda.  Our body needs water. 

Soda, Pepsi, Sprite, Coca cola are all bad for your stomach.... 
I drink water or sport drink with lemon CC that has vitamins....or sometimes Red bull. 

Image_thumb
6 Posts
Aug 28, 2012 4:50am
via iOS
I have never in my life drank any pop at all. I don't drink a single thing with super in it you could say. I have always just drank water and milk and I'm in great shape. I can see where that has helped me stay so small and I agree that a lot of people should try that to help start loosing weight.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 28, 2012 5:37am
via iOS
Since I cut off all those sugary soft drinks my diet has been great!  More energy and more room for a healthy snacks.  Less money spent and less calorie intake through out the week!   I am feelin better,lookin sharper!
Image_thumb
19 Posts
Aug 29, 2012 2:16am

I also cut down on soda.  I drink iced tea, water, and juice daily.   

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 29, 2012 4:13am
via iOS
I do either water or sweet tea/green tea. Sometimes organic juices and not much soda. 
Image_thumb
42 Posts
Aug 30, 2012 1:58am
via iOS
I always drink coke, I'm having a very hard time getting used to drinking water only. I know it will make a difference but I have use the sugar in the soda for a quick pick me up. But as of today water will be.. I will let you know how it goes...
Image_thumb
131 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 1:34am
via iOS
I never drunk soda on a constant level only in moderation. So I never had a problem with it. Good thing my mother disliked buying sodas for us :
Icon_missing_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 12:23pm
via iOS
I've been pop free for 4 months and it's great. I don't really crave it either. One way to make water more interesting is to add flavors. For example I'll make a jug a water and add two cut up lemons and a cucumber. Healthy, flavorful and no excess sugar! Think about the simple sugar in pop and how long you'd have to do cardio on the elliptical to burn that off before you started burning off your reserve fat cells. That alone makes me never want to drink pop again. AND trust me, I loved ginger ale! :D
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 12:48pm
via iOS
Hi I am new to this app n was goin threw thought of replying.
Well i am a big fan of Pepsi I always drink it with every meal I am habitual to it. 
I need help how can I leave Pepsi n start drinking water I hardly drink it.
Thanks 
27 Apr
Stop buying it lol
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 3:25pm
via iOS
I was a Pepsiholic for the longest time! Used to drink a 12 pack every day. What really helped me was caffeinated Crystal light. The caffeine gives you energy and keeps the headaches away, and it's made with water. They come in little to go packs that you just pour into a water bottle. The best one is grape - it tastes like grape coolaid!

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix;jsessionid=B882D04D32E9AD16A986113E4ABD965D#ip/Crystal-Light-On-The-Go-Energy-Grape-Drink-Mix-10ct/17248117
41501_633691913_2205_n_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 4:12pm
via iOS
Doesn't the crystal light have aspertame in it? I am hooked on sodas. I have tried to stop drinking them but I am not a strong willed person and I always end up caving. I make tea for my husband all the time. I find it hard to drink water a lot. Is tea good also. I make my tea on the stove and I use one cup of sugar for a gallon of tea. Will this be better than the sodas even though it still has sugar in it? I need help. Please let me know.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 4:41pm
via iOS
Use truvia instead of sugar. It has no calories, and is healthier for you. Crystal light does have aspartame in it, but they have some natural ones made with stevia, too
41501_633691913_2205_n_thumb
4 Posts
Aug 31, 2012 4:54pm
via iOS
Thanks for the information. It is greatly appreciated
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Sep 1, 2012 12:28am
via iOS
I have drunk a lot of water and almost no sodas for several years. Recently, I found myself not drinking much water, but more coffee and tea. Last month, I wound up in the emergency room with a blood clot. I believe that not drinking water was a player in that event.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Sep 5, 2012 4:54pm
via iOS
I love water! By the way I need one right now lol^.^
27 Apr
20121225_092938_thumb
35 Posts
Sep 7, 2012 1:02am
via iOS
you read my mind

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51