New and Don't Know Where To Start

4 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 7:29am
via Android

Make a schedule for yourself or, if you find that difficult, try one of the programs. If you're not used to exercising the Art of exercise freebie program series might be a good start. Choose a time of day to exercise. Perhaps what works best for you is before your children wake up in the morning? Or after they've gone to bed? I prefer working out in the morning since once it's done I can just go on with my day. Make an easy commitment that you can stick to in the beginning, like exercising for ten minutes a day. Going all in making huge commitments often leads to one tiring out oneself in a couple of weeks or even just a few days. Baby steps is the answer to building a habit. Try different kinds of exercises to see what you like to do. Is it running? Yoga, bodyweight exercises, weightlifting? Follow people that can motivate you.

When it comes to drinking water, use a pitcher, fill it in the morning and empty it at least once during the day. I used to think I drank a lot of water until I realized I usually poured up a glass, drank a few sips and then poured out the rest.

03 Dec
I think the best is to just make a time schedule. I homeschooling my children, so before I wake them up.
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 7:37am
via Android

Oh, and one more thing. Building a habit takes 60 days, according to psychologists. After that it becomes an everyday part of your life and you don't have to rely on willpower anymore. Until then, willpower is your best friend.

03 Dec
Thank you Anna
Image_thumb
222 Posts
Dec 3, 2014 10:44am
via Android

I always tell people to set a long term goal for what you would like to feel like, look like, weight , etc.

Then set monthly goals. Weekly goals, then daily goals. If you approach it like that it gives you structure.

Always ways begin with increasing water intake and find something unhealthy in your diet that you want miss much.

03 Dec
Good idea, thank you. I this might be good approach for me.
03 Dec
Hope you have much success.
Screenshot_2014-12-02-22-15-53-1_thumb
1 Post
Dec 3, 2014 6:14pm
via Android

Thank you all for the words

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51