4 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Dec 10, 2014 6:09am
via Android

Have always had a really fast metabolism and now at 25 it's starting to slow down. I need to nip the fat in the butt before it becomes a problem. So.. quitting smoking and starting exercise for the first time in my life. Done one workout so far and it killed me. But will not give up. :-)

10 Dec
The more muscle you have (lean body mass) the more your body will need to metabolize fat and other energy sources. If you want to increase your metabolism, you need to build some muscle. There are some good beginner programs out there like Starting Strength or StrongLifts. You may also want to read The New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's great that you're recognizing things early and are doing something about it. Good luck!
365 Posts
Dec 10, 2014 7:40am
via Android

Green tea helps speed up metabolism!

10 Dec
Unfortunately I can't stand green tea :-(
Dec 10, 2014 11:31am
via Android

Basically anything that keeps your heart rate going boost your metabolism, for example, coffee and cinnamon.
I know they're very good in boosting metabolism.

Cardio exercises also are effective.
They're easy and simple to incorporate in the daily activities.
They include ;

Brisk walking

171 Posts
Dec 10, 2014 2:14pm
via Android

If you don't really like green tea I'd try the blends with green tea from this company called English tea shop. They really don't taste like green tea to me, could be worth a shot.

Chili is also good for your metabolism.

10 Dec
Also oolong tea apparently, though I've never tried it

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51