End of week 1

2 posts | Original | Recent
12 Posts
Jan 8, 2015 1:56am
via Android

Well it hasn't been the easiest first week but we're sticking to it. I've been able to maintain my 2000 calorie a day diet as well as exercising to the lose it and tone it program. So far so good. My knees are still holding up, back is feeling a little bit better , but as with anything else no good deed goes unpunished. Like the rest of the people of my family i have all come down with an illness and I have to be honest, it is very hard to find motivation when you are sick.

Feeling good about things so far I've decided to drop my calories down more as I'm feeling like I'm getting more than enough and exercise is actually giving me more energy.

Overall motivation is still very difficult. I keep finding myself wanting to take more breaks during the workout than they're giving me. I think that has more to do with the size I am right now and the fear of the physical ability of not being able to finish.
I would like to say thank you to everyone who has sent emails and are now following me. Your support means more to me than you could ever know.

Thanks to all

08 Jan
Get better soon!!
12 Posts
Jan 11, 2015 11:51pm
via Android

Thank you so much for helping and getting others involved.
As far as my calories go, I am using this workout app in conjunction with myfitnesspal.com.
Based on my weight, ht and lifesyle (sedentary-desk job), it recommended a 2k per day intake.  I dont know if you are familiar with this app but it allows me to upload my exercise information and calories burned detail.  If you have this app I made my food diary public. 
I am not changing so much of my eating and drinking yet.  Just trying to stay at the goal they gave me for a 2lb per week wt loss and adding the workouts.

12 Jan
Hey Eric, thanks for the response. I familiar with my fitness pal, and actually use it to log my daily food as well. With a 2 lb weight loss goal per week, I guess the cals make sense. It is great that you are feeling good and energized despite the lower cals. If you're still feeling ok with the cals, keep to it! Awesome!! As far as changing diet and alcohol consumption, if you stop seeing progress, you may want to take a closer look at diet. And as for drinking, I know that alcohol does suppress your body's ability...
12 Jan
Calorie dense*
12 Jan
When I started trying to get healthy again back in 2013 I decided to take baby steps with my diet. I wrote down 5 things that I loved. As beer was one of them I decided to cut it completely for the month of January, but not deprive myself of the other 4. I comfortably lost 10lbs this way then cut out the next one etc & introduced a few beers back (I LUUURVE beer!). Slowly but surely I learnt to restrict the junk food. Too many fail by trying to it out everything and eat like rabbits only to...

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51