Need some starter help

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 4:51am
via Android

So.. It's been at least a year since i've exercised in any capacity. Needless to say, my endurance and stamina are very low. Doesn't help that i'm a smoker (working on quitting, smoking 1-2 less a week at a time). I kind of need to know where i should start and what pace might be good for me. My job requires a bit of heavy lifting and a little upper arm exercise, so my arms aren't complete jello lol. I carry my weight around all day and my legs are pretty strong for a beginner exerciser. Other than that though, i'm at a pretty big disadvantage. Any advice or helpful tips are appreciated.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 5:52am
via Android

Take your time and find things you have fun doing.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 5:57am
via Android

Not sure any of this going to be FUN, not at first anyway lol. Just feel its necessary. Time for change while im still young :p

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 6:25am
via Android

That's a slightly sour mind set. What I mean is find activities you enjoy. A calorie burned is one burned doesn't matter how.

Swim, walk, kickbox, dance, play with pups. It doesn't have to be a stoic thing. Look at it like a kid. You just played and explored. Do the same with this. You'll keep at it better.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 6:28am
via Android

Lol hmm.. Wonder if i can find a group of people to play man hunt with.. I remember that being pretty tiring yet fun. Thanks.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jan 16, 2015 9:51am
via Android

I'm not sure where you'd post it bit do it! See what type of reply you'd get. Ingress is a fun game. It makes you get out and explore your city. It's like a big game of capture the flag.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51