Hungry all the time!

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 5:10pm
via iOS
I'm having the hardest time with my new diet. It's more protein based and I'm suppose to stay away from sugar. My problem is that I'm always hungry. They say it should pass but I need tricks in the mean time... Any ideas??
22 Jan
I space my meals so there are several small ones. Seven almonds eaten in small small bites, each chewed thoroughly, do the trick for me. I need to eat a small meal 30 minutes before exercise or long walk. Then I take a small snack such as the almonds after. I follow a diet based on the US government recommendations and what my MD told me to eat, for medical reasons,l. Therefore I can't address protein issues, as my doctor told me to follow the US CDC guideline of percentages of 50 carb, 30 fat, 20 protein. I'm rarely hungry...
22 Jan
Good advice. Thank you Sharon.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 5:15pm

Can you give us a bit more information on the diet?

How often do you eat? what's the total calories? what food are you eating? What's the aim of the diet?

I'm not certified but I can give you advice on what's worked for me and my wife. We both research fully and have followed meal plans for bulking and shredding. 

22 Jan
oh, and cute photo! very sweet
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 5:22pm
via iOS
It's a high protein diet. I'm suppose to consume 100g per day on a 1300 cal diet. It focuses on tracking carbs, protein , and fat. I'm always over I  carbs and way under in protein. I work out all the time so I figured this would be a nice diet to help keep me full but lean. But all I've noticed is that I'm so hungry all the time, still. It's been about 2 weeks. According to the article I read the sugar cravings would go away in 2-3 days, along with the tiredness. Which all did. But not the hunger. 
Maybe I just need better sources of protein. I eat a lot of chicken, fish, and avocados. But struggle with finding other good and nummy sources....
22 Jan
Oh and I eat from 2-4 hours. Longest is usually 6 hours.
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 5:30pm

Sounds like the answer to your question is in what you've just said.. "I'm always over on carbs and way under on protein"

100g of protein isn't a lot and if you are way under that's a major reason why you are feeling hungry.. You also didn't mention one of the magic foods... EGGS!! Eggs and egg whites are amazingballs!! Cheap and stacked with protein and all kindsa good stuff! 

I start every day with 1 egg + 4 egg whites scrambled, then a bowl of oatmeal. 

High-protein foods from animal and plant sources help you stay satisfied between meals. Choose lean protein foods such as legumes, egg whites, fish, dairy products and skinless chicken. Legumes are high in fiber and digested at a slower rate, leaving you full for longer periods. Lentils, chickpeas, pinto beans and black beans can be added to salads, soups and casseroles for additional protein. 

I can give more information, as can others in Skimble world, but I can jabber on all day about this kinda stuff so I'll shut up : ) 

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 22, 2015 5:42pm
via iOS
Ah! You're right! I do consume eggs, just not enough. I usually eat 4 a week! Wow, I guess I need to up that. And legumes, I've never tried them, but I shall. Can't hurt to try. 

I appreciate the advice. Sometimes I just that little extra push to help me keep going. Thank you kindly.
22 Jan
you're welcome. Legumes is just the name for beans, lentils etc. And yeah, up your egg-eating! Don't have too many yolks, but it'll jump your protein up to have 4 egg whites or more a day. You'll find it easy to hit your protein numbers. Good luck with it. If all else fails, drinking water and brushing your teeth both help to alleviate hunger pangs
22 Jan
Thank you, thank you

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51