New here, where to start? Help Plz

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 10:47pm
via Android

Hey everyone!
New here, I don't know where to start.. pro member w/ the app. + I have a gym membership. .. that's getting dusty bc I don't know where to start and I can be uber shy and can't get in the door! I'd like to use this app in conjunction with my gym membership.

My goal is to get more toned & build a lil muscle not so much lose weight. can anyone help?

27 Jan
Hi Brooke. Im Brian. It is tough to get motivated but I play soccer which helps out alot. Stay focused and just set a goal. You can learn as you go along. I will be here.
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Jan 26, 2015 10:55pm

I probably say this too much on here, but look into Starting Strength, or StrongLifts. They're great beginner programs for weight training. Lifting heavy weights will help you to strengthen and build your muscles. With more muscle, you'll increase your metabolism making it easier to lose weight.

There are lots of great workouts in this app. I use it in conjunction with my weight training and find that it is a fantastic supplement. As with any fitness program, find what you like or what works best for you and go for it.

Good luck on your journey!

27 Jan
Jump in, choose anything here, and get a feel for what inspires you and energizes you. Follow people that you'd like to learn from...there is absolutely no shortage of support here. And leave comments, both on your own workouts, challenges, and victories and on others' as well. Before you know it, you will be engaged and have a natural, ingrown accountability support group. Has really worked for me. Best of luck!
Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 1:56am
via Android

Thnx everyone,  who thought just to keep it simple .  well I look forward to making friends and keeping each other motivated!

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 2:16am
via Android

Hey, I have the same goal but I don't have a gym membership.

Gyms are great once you start going regularly though because eventually you could make friends and its so nice to go workout socially rather then couped up at home. It can even become a place to go when you feel upset like a lil haven almost.

Don't be shy about going, if you happen to get someone look at you funny or whatever then just think "whatchyu lookin at I'm here for me not you! Ima make myself look mighty fiine while your too busy judging others" then just continue what you were doing and ignore any haters! Keep picturing what you want to achieve and just enjoy achieving it

As for where to start, remember diet is important too so have a sit down and see what things about that you could change including how you can get more water and all that good stuff.

As for exercising, focus more on getting a routine down of regular easy exercise maybe throw in a few tough ones here and there if you want to but don't tell yourself you HAVE to go hard, at least not at first cuz you might scare yourself out of it haha. Just relax and make it so you can enjoy exercising and get a routine then you can build on it once its a habit.

Hope I could help.

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 4:01am
via Android

Thnx lil B, that's actually helpful and you made me laugh! Your right I shouldn't care when I get looked at Hella 4 who knows what reason, I shouldn't care.  I AM THERE 4 ME! Ur so right. Just sum of those machines look like torture devices and I dunno how to wk them lol.  Also thinking of making a whole other post about "make up at the gym" cause wow I have  my thoughts. .. but Thanx again. I'm fallowing u, keep in touch

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 7:15am
via Android

Welcome and good luck with your goals :) happy working out :D

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51