Joining a gym but I'm clueless

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 7:01pm
via Android

Ok so I'm thinking about joining 24hour I need some ideas on what I should be doing once I get to the gym.... other than treadmill or elliptical....

28 Jan
Take workout trainer with you
Grayshirtface_thumb
96 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 7:05pm

First, congratulations for taking that first step. While joining a gym isn't for everyone it's a great way to help keep yourself going. Don't be intimidated. Everyone there started at some point. Can I recommend that you hit the weights in addition to your treadmill and elliptical?

Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5X5 are some good beginner weight training programs. They will help you start small and perfect your form. You may also consider the book The New Rules of Lifting for Women. There's SO MUCH MORE to fitness than just cardio.

Good luck and enjoy your fitness!

27 Jan
thank you that is very helpful...i should probably get gloves...so i wont get blisters
27 Jan
Yes, gloves help a lot. Good call.
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 7:06pm
via iOS
Do some sit ups or lift weights
Image_thumb
21 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 7:23pm

A thing that bothers me about gyms is the very healthy people making me feel like a doughnut .... 

27 Jan
If possible you should at train off peak times and avoid all the posers! You get a better workout as well, cos you aren't waiting round to use equipment. ;-)
27 Jan
Posers?
27 Jan
The people who strut around loving themselves. :-)
27 Jan
Oh lol
Icon_missing_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 27, 2015 7:57pm
via Android

I belong to a gym, & I can't speak for all gyms.  But people are very supportive of each other.

Image_thumb
16 Posts
Jan 28, 2015 1:54am
via Android

This app is the way to go. I didn't work out effectively until I got on here and started doing the workouts. I like the strength training and I mix that with running 3x a week. Have a great journey! Follow me if you'd like.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51