New and need help!!!

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 11, 2013 3:16am
via Android

New year new me,right? I just dont know where to start.
Im working on the quit of smoking, and weight loss is another one.
Im 5'2" and weighing in at 197 lbs. I have 2 kids the youngest being almost 2. Its time to get back in shape but everything i try on this is way too much!!!! Any suggestions???

11 Jan
Nichole, start small with stretches...I will share what I started
11 Jan
Good luck. I have reo children also
11 Jan
Stretchy time and Harvard health are great workouts
11 Jan
Im definitely gonna try the stretchy time. The Harvard ones seem a bit far fetched right now. But im definitely gonna keep working towards it all.
11 Jan
Download myfitnesspal and add me...guarantee ill make you lose weight
Image_thumb
112 Posts
Jan 11, 2013 3:22am
via Android

Using eeight loss as a motivation leads to failure a lot of times. It's ok to have a weight loss goal, but find something else to motivate you, like establishing a healthy lifestyle (works with the smoking goal also). If this is your motivation try to pay special attention to how working out and not smoking make you feel (more energy, less fatigue, etc...). Take time to write it in a journal, fb, or anywhere you can refer back to when you go through times when you aren't motivated (we all have those days).

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 11, 2013 3:35am
via Android

Thanks Brad. Ive always been a big girl in my family but never this big. So weight loss is my goal. Motivation i have none. But im hoping with the idea of a new me ill get some of the motivation i need to just get up do a little bit more to make my self healthier.

Image_thumb
112 Posts
Jan 11, 2013 4:07am
Good luck! Let me knowbif there is anything I can do to help.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 11, 2013 5:05am
via Android

No one starts out as a pro. I started doing yoga teamed with working out (definitely going to need to work on the yoga poses lol) and though I've always been
pretty active until i moved to a bigger city and got lazy. I'm out of shape and used to be very flexible, but over these past 2 years Ive come to find that all that has gone and i need to build myself back up. Motivation seems harder to find after you have kids, because with that come a more hectic schedule, butI try to let my son be my motivation. Just to remind him to stay active. Sometime, I let him do MILD workouts with me. Its fun for him and he keeps me going. Maybe that methods will work for you as well.

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Jan 11, 2013 5:19am
via Android

Find some quick warm ups and stretches. I know there are a lot of "stretches" on this app that are more like intense workouts for beginners. You just gotta filter through all that.

But start out by doing some cardio workouts about 3 times a week with a day off inbetween. The time can range from 10-30 minutes but you need to find cardio workouts that have moments where you up your intensity.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51