Pull ups

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
52 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 11:31pm
via Android

I can do push ups like 10 and only under pressure otherwise I suck at it what can I do a friend told me pull ups helped a lot with shoulders and back muscles ?? Is it true? How am I supposed to do a pull up if I can barely push my own weight

31 Jan
If you struggle with pushups you will struggle even more with pull ups. Building strength takes awhile you need to constantly push yourself. You have to convince your mind to keep pushing or your body will just give up.
31 Jan
31 Jan
To do pull ups u need strong lattisimus dorsi muscle which is a huge back muscle and also goes under ur arms. U can do chin ups the work ur biceps more but will also strengthen ur back muscle do that u can do pull ups. Chin ups are easier than pull ups. To increase ur push-up number stars on ur knees and keep practicing. Also do things to strengthen ur arms especially ur triceps like planks, mountain climbers, tricep dips
Image_thumb
223 Posts
Jan 30, 2015 11:38pm
via iOS
That is not true u can only pull up if u have upper body strength and u get upper body strength by doing push-ups, ab workouts, and arm workouts.
30 Jan
But pull ups look sexy so what do I do weights or
30 Jan
Yes they do look sexy but u must have lots of upper body strength. U can do those excercises they give u strength .
Image_thumb
110 Posts
Jan 31, 2015 1:57am
via Android

Wall pushups then pushups against something Elevated like a table or chair. Then pushups on your knees,  then regular pushups. The idea is to gradually increase the amount of body weight you are pushing. Takes time but all good things do :-)

Image_thumb
110 Posts
Jan 31, 2015 3:34am
via Android

Something else that might help...
Pushup Program - Week 1 (5 Days)
Pushup Program - Week 2  (5 Days)
This is only the first 2 weeks of an 8 week program. I have all 8 made in my created workouts and am trying it myself. Take the test before you start and after you finish the program so you can see the improvement.
Pushup Program Test (2 Min). Found something similar on the Army Physical Fitness Test site on line.
Another workout I made that could help Pullup Progression.

Image_thumb
520 Posts
Jan 31, 2015 7:16am
via Android

Have a partner help you with the raising part by pushing you up from your knees and then have them let go and come down slowly in a controlled way.. This will start building strength till you can do on your own! Hope this helps :)

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Jan 31, 2015 9:13am
via Android

Some gyms have the assisted pull up machines.   If not just keep working on your push ups.  And add dips also.

31 Jan
Lat machine could help as well
Image_thumb
1 Post
Feb 8, 2015 10:10pm
via Android

Ok

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51