Food Problems

6 posts | Original | Recent
19 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 2:18am
via Android

Hiya everyone~ I've only been doing this for three days now (yay for free trial thingy) and I'm still pretty hyped about it. I have a personal fitness class in school that I do along with this (Been doing that for almost three weeks) so I'm pretty good. But my eating habits are kinda... Yeah.. Not pretty. I was just wondering if anyone had anyways that would make it easier to eat better. Like little hints or tips. The biggest problem I have is not eating all the crap my parents buy. Other than that I'm good. But that stuff really adds up quickly and makes me sick, but I keep eating it anyways. So, yeah, please help me.

03 Feb
Hi, Becca. Since I was younger I have had this habit of eating till I'm satisfied. Don't over eat, till you're stuffed. You can still have your cookie and eat it too but instead of 3 or more try having 2 or one and then gradually stopping. Just say to yourself instead of that 1 cookie you'll do 20 crunches. Or if you have 1 cookie you'll do 30 crunches. Or buy some carrots just for you munch on those. Etc. It doesn't work for everyone, some ppl may disagree with my method but whatever works for you. Give it...
06 Feb
Thank you so much everyone for the awesome advice! It's already has helped me a lot~
951 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 4:26am
via Android

I think that is the hardest situation. Having the stuff right there and available is so different from making the decisions about what food to even buy & bring into my house.

You should ask your parents for support. Maybe more supply of healthy snacks like baby carrots, cottage cheese, nuts & seeds, plain yogurt & frozen blueberries, fresh fruit, protein shake. Carbs should be in the form of whole grains of possible, not just white bread or baked goods.

Breaking out of the snack cycle, especially sugary snacks, is really hard. It affects ppl differently but most feel an intense craving for more.

I use unlimited veggie & fruit diet to help. It's simple. If i get a craving, I eat, but just not exactly what I'm craving. But the trick is to have those alternatives available, AND making a really strong effort to re-program your thought patterns to not view passing up on those "treats" as a missed opportunity, but to start viewing them as not even treats at all. I've gotten a lot better by recognizing how crappy and moody I feel after eating something like ice cream or cookies. Once I break out of the cycle it's so obvious how bad it actually was.

While you're in their house, you'll def need at least the partial support of your parents, so you gotta try to tell em how important that is. I can't imagine success being possible without it, unless you have an exceptional job & the means to define your own food supply.

Good luck

03 Feb
Also : don't hold yourself to high standards, life change is a big process. If you go all or nothing it'll def end up as nothing. There is no failure, just constant new opportunities for growth.
8 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 7:22pm
via Android

When you walk into the kitchen try ftom the start to eat something else than the unhealthy stuff your parents buy because onxe you start its even harder to stop.
and always drink water instead of soft drinks or stuff including sugar. I hope i could help you and good luck :)

51 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 7:36pm
via Android

Hey... i totally get what you're going through! 
Log what you eat, even if you overeat.
Don't blame yourself if you slip up every once in a while. 
Keep your healthy snacks at the front of the fridge.

Its been a figurative marathon for me, but I just try to keep on keeping on.  I've lost 14 lbs and gained a lot of muscle.  I am going on vacay in less than a week and I am going to try not to slip too much while I am gone!  Peace!

96 Posts
Feb 3, 2015 10:23pm

A lot of great advice here already. Definitely talk with your parents about your desire to eat healthy. Also, plan ahead what you're going to eat. And if possible, prepare your food in advance. As for snacks, in addition to Patrick's suggestion that you replace your craved foods with good ones, I recommend that you go for a glass of water at the first sign of a craving. Often when we feel hungry it's our body trying to tell us that we're thirsty. Drinking water will also help your body clean itself out.

Don't EVER give up and don't lose your motivation (remember who you're doing this for).

19 Posts
Feb 6, 2015 2:46am
via Android

Thank you so much for all the awesome advice everyone!  It's already helped me a lot~

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51