Getting started

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 2:17pm
via Android

Just getting started in Houston Texas. What's the number of workouts per day and days per week that you all do?

Image_thumb
382 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 2:56pm
via Android

Great that you're getting started, it's the first step towards success!

I have a three days per week goal on Skimble and I've missed it once since November 17th when I started. I do other exercise as well, like walking. I usually end up on 5-7 days a week. How much I do depends on my form, everything from ten minutes to an hour.

22 Feb
Do you switch up and do certain areas on certain days or just whatever you feel like
22 Feb
It really depends on how I feel. If I'm tired I'll just do something whatever to have it done. But I do follow programs to stay on track and get more variation into my routine. Once I've gotten some at home gym equipment I'm gonna do some more serious weightlifting. At the moment I do yoga and bodyweight exercises, I choose one program that's full body and one that targets a specific body part.
22 Feb
That sounds like a good idea
Image_thumb
195 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 4:00pm
via Android

It's totally on your own. Choose one or two in the beginning and try to do it 3 or 4 times a week. I think it's best to get it rolling with a short full body booster (like e.g. Scientific 7-Minute Workout). If you feel like doing more, you should add one for a specific body part. But careful: you may find it funny and end up with 3 or 4 specific ones plus cardio plus gym on 4 or 5 days a week - like I do on some days :-)

Most importantly: be patient and be consistent (give it at least 3 months) - and results will come.

Best!

22 Feb
For a guy who is slim already how much cardiovascular you think, once or twice weekly?
22 Feb
When you're not up to losing weight a good proportion for being resp. increasing health is imho 30mins twice or three times a week
22 Feb
Alright I will keep that in mind
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 4:43pm
via Android

I try to do 5 a week plus my walking. I try to  just walk on Wednesday & Sunday unless I'm shoveling snow.

22 Feb
Shoveling snow, you must be up north
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 4:55pm
via Android

We're from down South but haven't been able to get out of the driveway since Monday night. I turned shoveling into "workout" so I could at least count the calories burned for the day.

22 Feb
That's cool, or should I say cold. Lol, bad joke I know. So you do cardio daily
Image_thumb
24 Posts
Feb 22, 2015 5:42pm
via Android

Yes some daily form of cardio. The workouts/programs in this app can isolate cardio/strength/stretching or blend them.

Image_thumb
24 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 8:35pm
via Android

Started yet?

Image_thumb
4 Posts
Feb 23, 2015 11:09pm
via Android

Yeah did two workouts yesterday. About to pick a few to run a hour today if I can.  The ones yesterday wore me out

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51