Anyone else runs barefooted?

20 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 2:39am
via Android

Or is just me?

13 Jan
I do... Well, not naked feet... But in Vibram FiveFingers barefoot training technology on my feet :-)
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 2:57am
via Android

I do lol

Image_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 2:58am
via Android

I do

13 Jan
I do. But only on a treadmill.
13 Jan
I do it outside, but I don't recommend it unless you have calloused feet
13 Jan
I walk around bare foot all the time nut i dont think i could run the road like that.
13 Jan
I have on a dirt road, not trying to do that on the pavement
Image_thumb
112 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 5:42am
via Android

Did you change your stride at all? I've heard it's good for preventing injury, but I haven't look in to it to much. Any suggestions?

13 Jan
You have to adjust to a forefoot strike on the balls of your feet. But it is true... Some tribesmen in South America and Africa run super marathons daily, well into their 80s... Barefoot. Never get hurt. They know something we don't?...
Image_thumb
80 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 5:43am
via Android

You could step on glass, a rock, a nail, or anything else! What are you, crazy!!!!!!!!!

13 Jan
Well that's only in the roads but that's when I wear the sandals with the 4mm sole which provide some sort of protection ..but still feels barefoot ..and the calves after a 3-5 mile run ..Woo!! Feel like they will explode. ..its the best leg tone work out
Image_thumb
199 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 5:46am
via Android

Yeah in the pool

13 Jan
Nah do it in actual ground its the good stuff
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 5:47am
via Android

Good to know im not the only one

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 5:54am
via Android

From the get go running barefoot actually gives you the natural posture and stride that will best adjust with you ..i suggest you do it out in a grassy area where you know there wont be glass or much thorns get the feeling ..dont think it too much and let running just guide you ..ever since i started doing it shin splints are a thing of the past and so was the minor pains i'd feel on the knees and lower back once in a while ..the book Born To Run will change your whole persective give it a read ..thats where i learned most of the stuff and lead me to this running style

13 Jan
Great book. I read it too... Get yourself some Vibrams though so you still got that barefoot feel... But also the protection from harsh terrain.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 5:57am
via Android

Ive been running cross country for six years now, between 60-90 miles a week depending on the point in my season. I run barefoot 2-3 of my 6 runs a week. It helps strengthen your feet and ankles and promotes a very healthy, Natural running form for your body. Just be careful of the surfaces you run on. Ouch! Lol

13 Jan
Hey that's some good distances yeah as for me I'll getting there soon sometime this year ..hopefully one day be in shape for the ultramarathons ..but yeah barefoot runs do help give better strength to legs and feet ..I definitely noticed the difference
13 Jan
Ultras are a blast man!. Good luck with your training! Work hard.
Image_thumb
60 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 7:11am
via Android

I was told that running on soft ground such as grass patchs etc is good but pavement or street not so much then you need cushion for your joints and you get this thanks to good sport shoes

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 13, 2013 8:49am
via iOS
I run, do parkour, and trick barefoot. There's nothing wron with going barefoot. Our ancestors have done it. Shoes made our feet, ankles, and knees weak due to the repeated use of them and us getting more and more adjusted to the cushion. If you're scared of "stepping on a pebble" I recommend buying barefoot shoes. Keep in mind though, barefoot will NOT make you run faster, but it is awesome to feel the ground :)
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 12:45pm
via Android

Pick up some vibrams..they wont disappoint...wear mine allll day

13 Jan
All day, Sean?!!! You must get asked a lot of questions about them... I wear mine just for training and people are always coming up to me like "So, those shoes...?"
Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 1:03pm
via Android

I might start running barefoot what u think?

Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 13, 2013 1:06pm
via Android

I mean on the pavement, cuz theres the risk of running on glass isnt there?

15 Jan
Just run everywhere but yes get the vibrams or the "invisible shoes" sandals which were inspired off the an Indian tribe in Mexico ..I myself run both grass and on the road ..I stopped worrying of getting my feet damaged awhile back ..since it feels good to run either barefoot or with minimal protection
Image_thumb
92 Posts
Jan 14, 2013 12:24am
via Android

Im wondering is it good to run with those skele toes shoes, you know, the wons shaped like a foot

14 Jan
15 Jan
Get the vibram five fingers but the ones with the thinnest sole ..I myself own those and some sandals with a 4mm thick sole for when running on the roads ..I have ran with both quite some distances and they definitely give you a workout legs definitely get more toned and stronger ..one can just feel it after some time ..but start off slow though ..that way you give your legs and feet time too slowly adjust
Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 14, 2013 1:13am
via Android

Haha yeah I wear them during workouts and just casually, they definitely get me some weird stares haha but they are awesome!!!

15 Jan
Oh yes those stares! I myself almost got kicked out of the gym for wearing my running sandals and people always look at me like I'm crazy but I stopped caring awhile back
157409_100000957610698_746225849_n_thumb
1 Post
Jan 14, 2013 1:55am
via Android

I run on my treadmill barefooted but it makes my feet black...

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Jan 14, 2013 5:09am
via Android

I run faster bare footed, I think its because I tend to run pushing from the balls of my feet rather the heals.

Icon_missing_thumb
22 Posts
Jan 14, 2013 5:12am
via Android

Yeah thats how you sprint, running on the balls of ur feet. Im into sprinting.

Icon_missing_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 15, 2013 8:29am
via Android

Yeah its funny seeing the looks but they really are comfortable

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51