What's Your Motivation?

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 2:42pm
via Android

Hey guys. I'm no newbie to exercise but every time I intend to get back in shape, I stop as quickly as I start. (Lasts about 1.5 weeks) I find myself doing well at first and then I just loose it and start snacking. Cravings are my weakness... What can I do to keep out of the fridge?? (Its not always sweets but Im alwys hungry due to my new metabolism)

(I recently started from scratch about a week ago, weigh 170 lbs, I eat well, drink plenty of water and exercise 7 days a week for 30 mins. I feel as though I cant have any cheat days. If I eat one smidge of a cookie I'll gain everything back. ) plz help :D ♥

10 Mar
I, personally, print out motivational pictures to hang on my fridge. One says "Stop! Are you hungry" If you answer No, then walk away and find something to do to take your mind off the fridge. If you answer yes, drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes. If youre no longer hungry, great! If you are, eat some veggetables or something small. I filledy fridge with these pictures so everytime I go to get a snack, I see those pictures and it stops me. It might not work for everyone, but it does for me.
10 Mar
That's actually a great idea! Most of me is mind over matter so if I see the pics as a reminder I'll be more likely to stop and think. Thanks! :D
10 Mar
No problem! My fridge looks like a giant collage. I also have reminders to only eat "one serving" or "put the sweets down, grab a veggie." I still splurge every now and then, but not as much as I used to!
Image_thumb
222 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 3:21pm
via Android

One thing you can do is to make sure you are eating nutrition filled foods. The body starves for nutrition not necessarily food if that makes sense!

The body wants nutrition that what makes us feel hungry. The trick is to retrain your body and mind to get it's nutrition from healthy foods and then even after workouts you won't be "starving".

High protein and nutrient dense veggies are great.

Iceberg lettuce on a salad is almost useless except for it's water content. Try romaine or spinach instead. Try sweet potatoes instead of sweets. They are high in both protein and fiber which makes you feel full.

Sorry for the long post. Fitness has to tackled by setting a long range goal, the making a plan to attack day by day by day.

If you like follow me. I'm part of a fitness team on Skimble that works together.

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 3:38pm
via Android

(Don't worry about it) Any good news is worth sharing. I didn't know about iceberg being worse so it's a good thing I picked up romaine after all. lol Thank you :)

10 Mar
Its not really bad for you the nutritional value is just very low. That's why eating a salad often leaves you craving something else quickly.
10 Mar
What salads would you recommend or meals? (I find myself eating better, the more I know)
Image_thumb
1657 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 6:24pm

I'm finding the "motivation" question harder and harder to answer on here......

Why? Because I don't think of it as "needing motivation" anymore.

Eating healthier and working out has become a way of life for me now. It is a fundamental part of my day and regardless of what I am doing each day I look at when I can work out.

Do I still eat crap? Hell yeah I do! I'll have a beer, I'll eat chips, chocolate whatever I fancy if and when I want to. What is different now is that eating healthy is more of a lifestyle than eating crap

Was I always like this? Hell no!!!! Over the last 2 and a half years I've gradually improved my health and my eating habits.

So what changed?

You've actually given yourself a clue in your post... You give up after 1.5 weeks... WHY???? Because you have psychologically programmed yourself to fail. I was EXACTLY the same. So I decided to sit down and REALLY understand my triggers. The things that lead to me failing. Some of them were as simple as changing my drive home from work so I wasn't passing the shop I bought beer in. Understanding the time of day I got most of my cravings and changing my routine at home.

People get into a rut, that rut leads to eating shit. Change it..

10 Mar
I advise you to drink green tea it will help you alot in burning fat and to give you the feeling that you don't want to eat one another thing you can do is to think about your target how sexy you will look. "Google about green tea"
10 Mar
I understand what you're saying but you're not really giving me tips on how to improve rather than just comparing our mannerisms.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Mar 10, 2015 10:49pm
via Android

Thank you, I've looked into both gren and mint :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51