Fitness Pal

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 18, 2015 5:41pm
via Android

Has anyone noticed you get two different readings on fitness pal with the nutrition & pie chart?
The nutrition side tells me i am close in reaching my goal but the pie reading shows something different! Hahahaha I am confused which is it?

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 18, 2015 6:23pm
via iOS
I always refer to the numbers rather than the pie chart as it adjusts the percentages depending on what you've eaten. If you use the numbers and get them close to your goals the pie chart will end up on the correct percentages...
If you use the pie chart you'll be totally confused what the hell you're supposed to be eating! 
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 18, 2015 7:53pm
via Android

Thanks Scotty
I was confused cause I haven't met my percentages  yet in my food.... carbs, protein,fat but the pie is saying I am way over on my percentages.....so I showed a guy at work why the pie and numbers are off and he couldn't even figure it out......strange. ....and I am defiantely not over eating.....lol
Does it eventually put it correctly?

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Mar 18, 2015 10:35pm
via iOS
Oh, just figured it. The nutrition pie chart is your percentage of macros regardless of the calories or macros. So if one meal has 50% carbs that's what the pie chart will say. Make sense?

So if, by the end of the day your macro grams are correct, the percentages will be correct 
Image_thumb
953 Posts
Mar 18, 2015 11:31pm
via Android

The pie chart is percentages, so after eating even a single serving of peanuts it will always show percentages adding up to 100, and it will appear that your fat is high, even if you've only had a few grams. But it's just a percentage of the total of anything you've already eaten. It's to give you an idea of what to eat to balance out the macros for the whole day, or to check at the end of the day to see if you met your goals.

Also, be cautious in reading the nutrition page, as some food entries neglect to list certain things.  If you're trying to pay attention to potassium, for example, and eat a banana, but then use a food listing that only has calories & carbs listed, you will be judging your values on 'faulty' info.

19 Mar
I use it for that, I check the pie chart to see where I'm at and decide what to eat next. It's good help if you're not into meticulous meal planning and meal prep.
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Mar 19, 2015 1:19am
via Android

Thanks Patrick & Scotty
It was my chicken breast and almonds weren't picking up, I had a lot of people stumped cause my diet is clean! Whew!
I knew I wasn't eating 48% carbs it wasn't making sense! LOL
Carbs 24%
Protein 43%
Fat 33%
Pretty close of where my numbers are to be!
Now I can sleep tonight
Thanks again! ;)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51