I have a few questions!

3 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 8, 2015 5:01am
via iOS
I am not exactly "new" but I redownloaded the app and signed into my account again after not using it for a while, and I am not sure how the forums and stuff work anymore! What's the difference between comments/replies? And it seems that some are out of order? I can't figure that out. I know these probably have obvious answers but I tried to find a forum topic that already answered this and I can't find it.
08 Apr
If you comment, what you write ends up like this, as a comment under the post.
Image_thumb
382 Posts
Apr 8, 2015 5:12am
via Android

Whereas if you reply, your reply forms a new post. This happens whether you use the reply button in the upper right corner or the small reply button underneath a post.

New posts in a topic bumps the thread up to the top of the active topics, comments do not. I prefer using them like this: when replying to the original topic, I use reply. If someone comments on my reply, I continue using comment to discuss with them. To reply to another person in the thread, ie not the original poster, I use comment. And also if I simply don't want to bump up the thread for some reason.

Hope this explains it!

08 Apr
Thank you!
08 Apr
About comments and replies being out of order. It happens if people use reply to reply to comments and so on, everything gets jumbled up. There are also cases where the original poster for some reason deletes other's comments, making the thread look like they're talking to themselves. Other people's replies in turn are not possible to delete.
Image_thumb
215 Posts
Apr 8, 2015 6:06am
via Android

If you reply, the topic will be marked as watched for you and is shown in watched topics.
If you just commend, it doesn't. If you want to watch, you have to activate it.

08 Apr
Yes! I was gonna point that out too but forgot. Thanks for clarifying. :)
08 Apr
YW, we're a team:)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51