5 posts | Original | Recent
19 Posts
Apr 10, 2015 2:06am
via Android

So I'm running a 5k on the 18th. It'll be my second one and I really want to do it in under half an hour. (My last one was just under 33 minutes) I know it's a bit late to ask for advice, but is there any last minute things I can do to really get my endurance up? I've been running and walking quite a bit since my last one. And I'm thinking about running 1/2 mile, walking 1/4 until the end, does that seem like I'll be able to finish in time? I'm probably going to test it out tomorrow hopefully. I'll ask my teacher if we go outside if I can.
But yeah, any last minute advice please?

10 Apr
Very late to ask!!! My best advice would be do to hill runs up a steep incline to build your muscle endurance
10 Apr
One week in advance I wouldn't make any risky changes like changing my running form or running steep grades. You're more likely to get injured and miss the entire race than improving a minute or two. Stick to your current plan and have 1-3 days of taper before your rest, this means very light activity or complete rest. I still believe there is a good chance you'll break your PB. You can work with a training program for the next race and see even better results. Good luck!
2 Posts
Apr 10, 2015 5:40am
via iOS
Even If it's a bit late, it's gonna help you in future. 
Try to run on your toes. 
Leave your body loose while running, Just try not to move every part of the body while running. 
Try to breath by your nostrils . If tired then do it by mouth. 
It will enhance your endurance and help running smoothly, 
211 Posts
Apr 10, 2015 8:29am
via Android

Do a longer, slow run for 45-60 minutes. On Tuesday, do what Scotty said or warm up for 5-10min, run fast for 2 min,  slow for 2-3 min. Repeat this 3-4 times. Run slow for 5-10min, run for 100 increasing speed until you sprint for 3 times with 1 min slow in between.
On 17th do a slow run for 20min.
Good luck:)

71 Posts
Apr 10, 2015 12:48pm
via iOS
Okay running is my natural habitat. When people give you advice on how to move your legs while running or what way to breath. Don't listen. Running is a natural thing that comes in all forms. Why? Because we are all built differently. The best advice I can give you. Just run which ever ways feels natural to you. Also download an app called run, it's by my asics. It'll help you massively
211 Posts
Apr 10, 2015 4:05pm

What does your mind say, when you think about making it in less than 30min?

If you can dream it, you can do it. Imagine to cross the line in 28minutes. How does it feel? Do you believe it? Focus on this and imagine this several times a day and especially in the evening before you fall asleep and it should be your first thought in the morning, after waking up.

You did 33min, YOU can DO 28!!!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51