Over 50's? 60's?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 2:29am
via Android

Just curious, what fraction of those using Skimble are older/baby boomer age? I'm guessing less familiarity with using apps in general could be a factor, but maybe not! For starters, I'm 60, was bored with my home Stairmaster, rowing machine and pathetic made-up dumbell routines, and hate gyms, so this app has been perfect for me. Now starting my 9th week!
Husband is bemused and impressed, but not an app guy. [ Doesn't even own a smart phone! :) ]

14 Apr
Retired. That gives you an age range. :-) It's helpful to have an app for workout routines that talk you through the moves if you don't have gym access or room for a home gym. It's not age or technology aversion--it's that we're quietly getting on with it.
14 Apr
61 & worked with computers since late 70's. I've been using skimble since late last year. I've noticed working out helps with knee & back pain.
22 Apr
44 years old, office work, hypothyroidism. This app is really a saving grace for me. For better health, feel good, look good. This app kicks my butt and I love it!
Image_thumb
144 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 5:21am
via Android

47 over here sue. But that's just a number. Best of pic and Keep on keepin', on!

14 Apr
LUCK not pic! :-)
Image_thumb
18 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 10:30am
I'm 54 and use this app to exercise three times a week...most of the time. keep it up.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 1:49pm
via iOS
I am in your age group and agree with you. I don't like gyms and have made my own in my basement so I can workout any time. I love my skimble app. I have been using it for three years. I attempt to workout every day and with skimble I have a large variety of workouts to choose from. Keep up the good work!
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 3:09pm
Wow, love hearing about the peer company! Even "baby" Jason J.! :) I'll keep that in mind while working out to Crosby Stills N & Y, CCWR, Carly Simon, Stones et al!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 14, 2015 3:37pm
via Android

I'm 58. I have chronic pain. I must exercise to keep my muscles strong which helps alleviate some pain. This app has been a blessing. I've been using it for about 4 weeks and I really enjoy it. I like the instructor speaking and encouraging me along the way. It's like having a personal trainer right in the room with me.

15 Apr
Good for you, Barbara H.! That takes a lot if determination and courage. Yeah, I like the 'Greg' voice myself.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 15, 2015 1:47pm
Thank you Sue B.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jun 3, 2015 4:21pm
via Android

Hi Sue & everyone, I'm 60 and posting from my smart phone now, I have gym membership and hardly ever go, have stationary bike in my livingroom,  need motivation, starting this app today to help. Encouragement greatly appreciated! I work full-time, hate morning exercise, and tired when I get home, I know excuses excuses! I've lost 22 lbs by less eating since October, gotta start exercising to speed it up. Starting tonite no matter how tired I am.

03 Jun
Good for you! I am also in your age range and have had skimble for about four years. I love this app. I try to work out every day for an hour to an hour and a half. Combination of cardio, strength and flexibility. I have my own mini gym in my basement with treadmill, free weights, bosu ball, kettlebells, step and barbells. Keep up the good work and take it one day at a time.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51