Hello, fellow Skimble users. My name is Rhyan and I am brand new to Skimble! I'm doing a couple of workouts now to try to get in shape. I'm not too out of shape, but I want to tone my muscles and build more muscle. My biggest problem now is motivation (I have a record of starting, and then stopping soon after) and eating right. I try, but it's hard. Could you guys please offer me some tips about eating healthy and working out? I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you in advance!
Hey Rhyan welcome to skimble and here are some tips to eating and excercising.
1) Eat a healthy breakfast
- Whole-grain cereals or bread
- Low-fat milk
- A waffle or pancake
2) Size matters
Large meals. Eat these at least three to four hours before exercising.
- Small meals. Eat these two to three hours before exercising.
- Small snacks. Eat these an hour before exercising.
3) Snack well
- Energy bars
- Bananas or other fresh fruit
- Fruit smoothies
- Whole-grain bagel or crackers
- Low-fat granola bars
- Peanut butter sandwiches
4) Eat after you exercise
- Yogurt and fruit
- Peanut butter sandwich
- Low-fat chocolate milk and pretzels
- Pasta with meatballs
- Chicken with brown rice
5) Drink up
- Drink roughly 2 to 3 cups (473 to 710 milliliters) of water during the two to three hours before your workout.
- Drink about 1/2 to 1 cup (118 to 237 milliliters) of water every 15 to 20 minutes during your workout. Adjust amounts related to your body size and the weather.
- Drink roughly 2 to 3 cups (473 to 710 milliliters) of water after your workout for every pound (0.5 kilogram) of weight you lose during the workout.
Good luck and God bless!