Tips please?

2 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jun 13, 2015 5:44pm
via Android

Hello, fellow Skimble users. My name is Rhyan and I am brand new to Skimble! I'm doing a couple of workouts now to try to get in shape. I'm not too out of shape, but I want to tone my muscles and build more muscle. My biggest problem now is motivation (I have a record of starting, and then stopping soon after) and eating right. I try, but it's hard. Could you guys please offer me some tips about eating healthy and working out? I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you in advance!

13 Jun
Go to YouTube find some motivational video that work for you. Take a photo of yourself to remind yourself what you want to change then as the fat goes away take another photo and compare to old one and keep doing it until you hit your goal. Don't worry about scale muscle weighs more.
13 Jun
I really like the ideas that you have presented! Especially the progress pics idea. I've always found pictures like that interesting and they are probably very motivational. And motivational videos sounds great too!
280 Posts
Jun 13, 2015 6:52pm

Hey Rhyan welcome to skimble and here are some tips to eating and excercising.

1) Eat a healthy breakfast

• Whole-grain cereals or bread
  • Low-fat milk
  • Juice
  • Bananas
  • Yogurt
  • A waffle or pancake

2) Size matters

Large meals. Eat these at least three to four hours before exercising.

• Small meals. Eat these two to three hours before exercising.
  • Small snacks. Eat these an hour before exercising.

3) Snack well

• Energy bars
  • Bananas or other fresh fruit
  • Yogurt
  • Fruit smoothies
  • Whole-grain bagel or crackers
  • Low-fat granola bars
  • Peanut butter sandwiches

4) Eat after you exercise

• Yogurt and fruit
  • Peanut butter sandwich
  • Low-fat chocolate milk and pretzels
  • Pasta with meatballs
  • Chicken with brown rice

5) Drink up

• Drink roughly 2 to 3 cups (473 to 710 milliliters) of water during the two to three hours before your workout.
  • Drink about 1/2 to 1 cup (118 to 237 milliliters) of water every 15 to 20 minutes during your workout. Adjust amounts related to your body size and the weather.
  • Drink roughly 2 to 3 cups (473 to 710 milliliters) of water after your workout for every pound (0.5 kilogram) of weight you lose during the workout.

Good luck and God bless!

13 Jun
Thank you so much on the tips for the eating well! Unfortunately, I have a peanut allergy, so the peanut butter sandwiches are out, but all of the other stuff sounds great! I'll definitely utilize this in my workouts!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51