Advices to begin with

3 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jul 7, 2015 5:56am
via Android

Hi! I'm new in this "world" and to begin with,I'm interested in abs building.
Any advices btw? Thanks
I'm also worried about my arms, they're like chopsticks haha.

07 Jul
First start with running a little a day and once you feel you want to keep working out go to the gym
07 Jul
Focusing on just one muscle part is a sure way to FAIL. You need to look at the body as one object and not individual parts. If you are to embark on a training regimen (and not on an exercise regimen - there is a stark difference), your entire body will adapt and depending on your body type, you will have certain muscles prominent and others not so much. This is just the way your built and you need to accept it and love yourself for it.
731 Posts
Jul 7, 2015 8:17am
via iOS
First thing you have to do is find out if you want to work out at home or at the gym. If you want to train at home it's a good idea to get some dumbbells (adjustable up to 20kg) and a pullup bar. Then find a compleate home training program. I found athleanX to be a lot of fun, but you can look around to see if you can find something you like. Just make sure it's a whole body program and DO NOT try to make your own program. It won't work out.

If you want to go to the gym. You also need to find a program. You can go with free once like stronglift 5*5 or pay for one like greyskull's novice program. Just make sure to start with weights you can handle. Even if it's just the var. People won't judge. You can also hire a trainer at the gym if you got the cash.

Finally I don't know how "fat" you are now, but in order to see your abs you got to have a pretty low bf% so you may wan't to diet down. If you're allready pretty skinny your abs are probably to small to be seen atm and you need to bulk up and build them up to see them. I Was in that situation. No abs at 75kg. Abs after having bulked to 88 :P never trained abs. Just stuck with the movement's in stronglifts 5*5.

Hope it helps.

P.s Once again I cannot stress the importence of NOT making your own program. Use one tried and true or get one from a GOOD trainer.
4 Posts
Jul 7, 2015 11:11am
via Android

"Abs are made in the kitchen"
That is a trade and true statement. For bigger arms try bulking up and doing planks, pushups, and strength training.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51