Skimble taking over my phone memory

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
99 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 10:25am
via Android

So yesterday as i was taking a selfie, which is what i do best, i got a notification that i didnt have enough memory left to store anymore pictures. My god that felt like my worst nightmare.

Anyways i went to check my storage capacity in my settings. I have 16GB capacity but only 605MB left and that was after I deleted a few pictures and apps here and there but didnt do much difference.

So i checked through the storage settings and apparently a file called .skimble has been using upto 6GB of my phone memory. Im not sure what to do because i dont wanna click and delete it and then find that my whole account has been wiped out but i need that space to store more selfies haha

Okay anyways i just wanted to see if this has happened with anyone else or if anyone has any type of solution for this problem. Id really appreciate it

09 Aug
Hey Touma. Yeah Skimble is a bit of a memory hog and I havent found a way to run it off the phones SD card. What Ive done a few times now is go to the app settings and scrolled down to the Cache Memory option. It shows that the app is using 1GB of space, but in reality probably more. On that setting there is an option to tap to clear the cache. This clears out any skimble workout vids and pics that are downloaded on each workout. Works short term but then have to do the same thing...
09 Aug
Thank you. It sure helped :)
Image_thumb
138 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 10:49am
via Android

Heyy Touma, .skimble really uses a lot of our mobile space..i also experience it, and it has some important files in it but majority are cache and of no use, so you do this(I do that regularly) : Connect your phone to pc, open .skimble and delete the useless files in it like audio cache, image cache etc. It has some important things like your offline workouts too, so make sure you don't delete it.  The most space in your mobile must be taken by "image cache", and also there must be a lot of files starting with word "post..", you must delete both of them and also when you will open .skimble, you yourself will understand the things that are useless and should be deleted. And make sure to delete the things regularly in it, it saves a lot of space.
You can delete them in phone itself but it will take a lot of time deleting around 6 GB of data, and deleting through pc can be convenient.

09 Aug
Thank you so much Vishal. Will do this :)
09 Aug
You are welcome Touma..I hope it helps..:-)
Image_thumb
166 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 12:03pm
via Android

Same here!  It runs the memory up quickly just scrolling through everyone's workout notifications, pics, forums, etc... I just go to the menu and click settings then scroll down to cache and clear.  This usually puts it back to the original space used when it's first installed.

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 12:08pm
via Android

I had the same problem and was wondering where the f. All My space was gone. Installed storage analyzer and it showed me skimble took almost 7gb...
Isn't there any option for saving all workouts on sd card?

09 Aug
Not sure about the SD. If I remember correctly, the memory issue wasn't always like this. Or not as bad anyway.
Image_thumb
99 Posts
Aug 9, 2015 1:15pm
via Android

Thank you so much guys. I cleared the cache in the skimble settings. Apparently i had 3GB there so i shall be doing that more often.

09 Aug
Thanks for the post T. I'll be doing that more often too. :)))
09 Aug
Nws love. Im glad that i dont have to keep deleting other things anymore lol

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51