How to stay consistent??

18 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 10:33pm
via Android

So I been yo-yoing for almost 2 years now, my weight has not been stabled. Its very frustrating, my main thing I have trouble with is being consistent and making bad food choices.

Any advice on how to stay consistent??

17 Aug
Maybe find some way to have fun with what you're doing? Like add variety, you know? Don't let it get boring! Add some spice into your routine! And before you know it, you'll be enjoying yo-yoing even more and you'll do it more often and stay consistent with it! Hope this helps! :)
18 Aug
This happens to me as well but it's weekly one week i slim down a lot then a week later i gain 10lbs it doesnt show but i weigh myself i hate getting the munchies when.im high if im not high i dont really eat and when.i do i cant stop eating i hate thiss.
Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 10:41pm
via Android

Thanks Bailey, Ill be looking for more exercises that will be more enjoyable and fun because I do get bored fast lol

19 Aug
Try the MOmmy Got Muscles series by D. Jack. Awesome mix all less than 16 min.
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 11:34pm
via Android

U can cook in bulk and have meals ready wich makes it easier to eat healthy. And u wont get lazy to cook since meals are already prepared. 

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 11:36pm
via Android

I already do that lol when I get anxiety I start to binge. And I don't know how to control that feeling

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 17, 2015 11:38pm
via Android

My friend has the same problem.  So when u feel the anxiety try and do a quick 4-5 minute workout when u can.  And try to eat 6 times a day in small portions and plenty of water.

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 12:06am
via Android

I've never tried the 4-5 min workout, I have tried the eating 6 times a day small portions. That has help, I guess I can start that again and this time try the workout when I get anxiety thanks George

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 12:13am
via Android

Your welcome.  Also some light meditation (a.k.a breathing  exercises)  is always great for anxiety.  Hope it helps

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 12:23am
via Android

Never tried that, but I heard that helps. Thanks for all your tips I will give them a try

Icon_missing_thumb
216 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 12:40am
via Android

Well, you can start by killing that Planet Fitness membership - you can't make improvements unless you surround yourself with people who can push you to be your best, and you aint gonna find that at Planet Fitness - you gotta be disciplined, and make good choices a habit. Nothing worth having comes easy.

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 12:48am
via Android

That's so true T.R. I agree with you. First I need to discipline myself bcus that has a lot to do I think, so I can make wiser choices. Its going to be tough because I don't know how to start I guess start by asking myself how bad I want this? And what I'm willing to do to get where I want to be?

Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 18, 2015 1:04am
via iOS
This is my problem too right down to the anxiety and binge eating. I feel like surrounding yourself with people who have the same goals and mindset to get fitness results helps big in staying motivated.

Back when my family was big into getting in shape and when I played HS sports I was in shape and was doing well. Now that I'm not around fitness junkies/jocks and my fam has 'fallen off the wagon' I find myself going well for a while then I kind of lose track.
Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 1:09am
via Android

I can relate to that David. I went through similarities. All my family are far away I feel like I'm alone. And the person who is suposto be my partner will be the first to bring me down at times calling me fat if I even go over a certain weight it sucks. So it definitely brings my self esteem very low. I think that's y I get anxiety a lot because I get very anxious, I try to hard to be who everyone wants me to be.

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 12:51pm
via Android

Sounds good A. k

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 3:54pm
via Android

I'm really sorry to hear that .  As far as eating goes, for me logging my food has always made the biggest difference. Whether you do it in a notebook or on an app on your phone, it really makes you think differently about portion sizes after a little while. For exercise I like to have a calendar on the wall somewhere I see it often, and I get to put an X (or some other symbol or shade it in) on days I work out and I hate to break the chain. Should work well if you're a visual person. Good luck!

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 5:08pm
via Android

Lol that's funny Nico, I actually do the same as you. I log my food at myfitnesspal and I also have a calendar posted on my wall it does help a lot. I think I need to stick to it 100%

Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 5:45pm
via Android

Haha that's even the same app I use!

Icon_missing_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 5:46pm
via Android

Lol crazy

Image_thumb
8 Posts
Aug 18, 2015 6:35pm
via Android

Glad I could help! :D

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51