Migraines keep me from working out

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Sep 6, 2015 6:42am
via Android

I get chronic migraines they last anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks (im on week 3 of one right now but its easing up so i know it will be gone soon) i sometimes get a few days before the next hits sometimes i have a few weeks. DOES ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS drs have tried meds nothing helps so far and i had that its interrupting my workout schedule which is 2hrs a day 3 days a week weights plus 30 min cardio daily (i know its alot) are there any options that anyone knows to help a workout or anything like that?

07 Sep
Try mountain dew and Ibuprofen. Hope it helps and God bless!!!
Image_thumb
214 Posts
Sep 6, 2015 1:27pm
via Android

Can't help on the workouts because I have yet to try one that helps me. But I can suggest keeping detailed logs of everything you do leading up to the migraines. That will help you and doctors know what may be causing them.
I've suffered with horrid migraines since I was 13. I pass out randomly and no one (doctors included) have a clue why it happens. I forget stuff, I can't think right, my head gets jumbled with thoughts that don't even go together, etc. Life goes on though. I push through my workouts because I know I'll feel better once I've done them.

Have you had any types of tests run on you? Anything for them to rule out what is not causing the migraines?
Also, never try to look online to diagnose the problem. I found anything from tumor to blood pressure to anemia.

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Sep 6, 2015 11:47pm
via Android

They think a medication i used for a few years along with my history of concussions caused it ..... they explained it that my brain and body had enough and the migraines were the way its rebelling against itself

I cant get out of bed cant eat i just sleep the whole time till it ends

I just need some sort of relief

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Sep 26, 2015 1:02pm
via Android

They have done more tests than i can even keep track of.... and they looked at my medical kistory and listed half a dozen possible causes that i cant control... like medications.

Recently i tried hypnosis i found a school for hypnotherapy that was willing to create a session for me that once it put me under it suggested that my migraines would feel weaker and weaker everytime i had one they wouldnt go away (cause thats impossible) but atleast they are shorter and less painful.... maybe that could help you too

Image_thumb
117 Posts
Sep 26, 2015 1:03pm
via Android

I didnt really expect that to work but it did....

26 Sep
I had some issues in the past. I had a diagnostic for add. No more headache !
27 Sep
I had migraines constantly for two months going on three. Doctors couldn't figure out what the problem was. After visiting my local osteopathic clinic, the migraines were gone and I only rarely get them now. Maybe it's something worth looking into.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51