Aiming for a flat and toned stomach. Any tips and advice guys?

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
49 Posts
Jan 20, 2013 12:28am
via Android

I run sometimes and go to the gym. I want to tone my muscles but I don't want to get all muscular. I want my body to be tight and a little bit chiseled and I still want to maintain my curves. And my greatest goal for my bod is a flat tummy. I'm not dreaming of a six pack but i do want the lines at the sides that outline the stomach and a sex line looks oh so sexy for me! I aim to gain it by March for the summer here. Is that possible? Any advice guys? Also I noticed that instead of losing weight I gained 2pounds but when I measure myself I lost an inch in my waist. I'm about 5'2 and weigh 131 lbs now. Sorry for the long post. Hope we all get to our fitness goals!

20 Jan
Crunches are good I'm doing them too
20 Jan
Oh yeah, I do them too but I don't seem to get it right though. My neck hurts when I do crunches even though I try to keep them neutral. I love doing bicycle crunches though!
20 Jan
I do them not to high till I feel a burn til I can get higher so do I its a challenge
20 Jan
20 Jan
Crunch crunch crunch! And mountain Climbers!
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 20, 2013 12:37am
via Android

How often do u go to the gym snd how often do u run? Wht are u doing in the gym? How are your eating habits. A flat stomach is attainale if you work really hard

20 Jan
Well, I don't have a solid workout routine yet. Before I run every other day but for this week I've been on the gym for 3consecutive days. I'm gonna do cardio at home today. I did aero and weights for the first 2 days then I just did some cardio and weights yesterday. I plan on running again tomorrow if my knees feel better. As for my food, we always have white rice every meal(typical Filipino food/diet). I have lessen my rice intake and try to eat more meats and veggies. Before I could finish 3 cups of rice in...
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Jan 20, 2013 12:46am
via Android

Well you gained 2 lbs because you gained muscle. Muscle mass is greater then fat. You will loose inches but probably gain a couple pounds but it's okay because it's not body fat! Keep on doing thought thing girl!!! :)

20 Jan
That's what I also thought, I just needed spme assurance and you gave me it! :) Thanks! I hope you're also doing good with diet and fitness!
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Jan 20, 2013 4:08pm
via iOS
Hey girlie, don't let the mind set of getting too muscular stop you from hitting the weight training. The ore muscle you have the more calories you burn doing anything...even sitting around on a rest day. Women lack the levels of testosterone to get too beefy and when you see really muscular women, thy push much harder to be that way than you or I would. Ab muscles are easy to build, you need good eating and cardio to scorch the fat and exercises like planks and twisting crunches...things that challenge the entire core are excellent.
21 Jan
Oh yes! I'm doing dumbells and leg lifts at the gym.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 21, 2013 3:19am
via Android

Drink lots of water! Eat lean meats like salmon and grilled chicken, lots of veggies and fruits. Make sure you're still getting enough protein and good carbs. :) wheat bread, almonds, Greek yogurt, cheese, pastas, salads, are all good for you and help maintain a happy weight. Also, I would keep working on your plank and variations of. Yoga can help you create the arm muscles that aren't overbearing that you'll need to hold it here's a few workouts to try while you're making the above changes to your diet Arm Balance Builder Strong Arm Yoga All The Right Places 15 Min Core Booster Abs Relaxing Yoga Sun Salutation Yoga Core the Pilates Way
good luck!

21 Jan
Hi Kris! Yeah, I do need to strengthen my arms too cause they give in before a of holding a plank. I've tried the 15min core core booster abs and it surely gave me a burn in my muscles! I need to shed the fats first though.
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 25, 2013 12:53am
via iOS
Bo
Image_thumb
28 Posts
Mar 25, 2013 1:45am
via Android

Girl.. we have the same goals, we are the same height and weight! It's crazy!! Maybe we can help.each other out!

25 Mar
Sure thing girl! I have been on my new program at the gym. I plan on eating clean for the whole month of April. I wrote my goals in my notebook as a reminder and motivation. My plan is to do cardio every m/w/f and my gym program every t/th/s and rest every sunday. I want to see results by the end of April so that I can proudly wear a swimsuit by the beach when we go out on my birthday! I've already lost an inch on my hips and waist. Sad thing though is that my butt also...
31 Mar
Well my goals have been on and off.. I just wanna go back to working out ans look good in a 2 piece for summer! I don't have a problem with eating healthy. My problems is doing the workouts, I have no motivation whatsoever and when I do.. its gone quick!
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 25, 2013 3:43am
via Android

Need helpAll-Around Abs

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51