WORST customer service ever! Prevents account deletion and cancellation of subscription!

9 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 8, 2015 9:57am

I've been trying to delete my account for several months now but the site won't allow me to.

When clicking on 'Delete Account' it tells me that my account has a lot of history (which in complete nonsense) and that I should contact support to confirm deletion.

Sending an email to support has not resulted in a single reply while they have extended my subscription automatically after I had sent them emails to cancel the subscription and delete my account.

Clearly this is a money making scheme where the 'Delete Account' function is purposefully disabled and nobody reacts to email requests to cancel a subscription.

Chris

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Dec 10, 2015 7:39am
via Android

Not sure how you purchased,  but I remember deleting my account a year ago. Since I bought it through Google play, I vaguely remember going there, typing in simple and deleting account. Of course it didn't really delete everything cuz I was able to come back, but I was no longer charged.
How did you purchase the app? Maybe try that next? Hope it helps.

10 Dec
Yup, I just double checked. since I purchased at Google play store, I typed in workout trainer and when it piped up, below Uninstaller and open, there is a but ten you can press that says "cancel". This should cancel your subscription. NOT sure it will delete forever, but at least stop charging you.
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 10, 2015 7:48am

Hi Ali,

Thank you! That worked indeed (I had also purchased through the Google Play Store).

It's still a mistery to me why this doesn't work on the website and why they don't reply to emails, but at least this will stop the charges.

Thanks again!

Chris

13 Dec
Well, sorry to see you go!
Icon_missing_thumb
3 Posts
Dec 15, 2015 6:51am

Yesterday I've received an email from customer service (see below).

It's a shame it took bad reviews for them to find my email but they did provide the solution in the end and explained the 'logic' of preventing the account deletion on the website (I whish they would explain that when one tries to delete the account):

Hi Chris,

I'm so sorry for the lack of response to your email-- I actually have no idea how we didn't see this (we saw your review on Google Play and searched your name). 

Please cancel your Pro+ subscription via Google Wallet, either on your PC or mobile device. You can also cancel via the My Apps tab in the Google Play app. 

Once you cancel your subscription and your account reverts to FREE you will be able to delete your account in the Skimble database via the website as you were before. We prevent you from deleting your account if you have an active subscription since deleting your account in our database does not stop the payments in Google Play.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns-- we're here to help. Again, our apologies for the lack of response.

Best,
Courtney
Pmc3_thumb
11 Posts
Dec 15, 2015 2:17pm
via Android

If you purchased it through Google Play, you have the option to cancel it through that avenue. Go to your apps in Google Play, find this app, and cancel the subscription there.

Pmc3_thumb
11 Posts
Dec 15, 2015 2:18pm
via Android

Sorry, I didn't read entirety of your post to see that you got a resolution. I did encounter the same problem you did, including customer service issues.

Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Apr 25, 2016 4:38pm

Yes, I have the same experience.   I'm trying very hard to work around their scheme, but it is not working out so far.   I have found reports about them on BBB and consumer fraud reports.    Not going to let this go -- but what a hassle just to get a company to do right.

Skimble_workout_trainer_app_logo_thumb
174 Posts
May 12, 2016 7:49pm

Hi Susan and others,

We're so sorry for the difficulties y'all had with cancelling your subscriptions and removing your accounts from our databases, as well as for the lack of response that you've received from our support team.

First off, we hate deleting accounts that have a lot of history, since, in the event you want to come back, all of your past workout history would be deleted and un-retrievable. When we say we delete your account it doesn't mean we just make it private-- it's gone forever and it's like it was never there.

Also, we prevent you from being able to delete your account if you've got a PRO or PRO+ subscription because those subscriptions are made through other app stores and deleting/uninstalling Workout Trainer does not auto-cancel your subscription. That's why we tell users to cancel their subscription through the appropriate app store before deleting their account so that they don't continue getting charged each month for something they aren't using.

We hope that explains a bit of our side on this situation, but if you need additional assistance with deleting your account please email us at support@skimble.com. Also, unfortunately we don't have the manpower to look through all the different forum topics however we do pay attention to the Feedback forum: http://www.skimble.com/forums/12-feedback and Help forum: http://www.skimble.com/forums/13-help. 

Thanks for your patience, and again our apologies for the inconvenience.

10505551_10202381792731085_2306827254925920601_n_thumb
2 Posts
Jun 1, 2016 2:43am

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT ALSO. I CAN NOT DO SO. PLEASE ASSIT ME.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51