Kitchen Confusion: Macros???

6 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 8, 2016 6:08am
via Android

I just learned the term macros and found out that there are certain percentages of each you are suppose to eat. Every website I have read says something different so I am still as lost as when I started. Over the course of 2014 lost 60 to 70 pounds eating mostly lean meats, fruits, and vegetables. I have been stuck around my current weight for a year and want to start working toward my health and becoming leaner again. Any suggestions on the ideal ratio? and an explanation so I understand why

P.s.
I have a busy schedule which has caused me to pick up bad habits eating wise like skipping meals or grabbing unhealthy food to save time so any quick meal or snack ideas would be a great help too.

08 Jan
They have different advice because normally you would get a blood work up which would be used to create the proper macro diet for you. I only know about because my sister-in-law recently did this at her Crossfit location. She's now lost over 100 pounds, but her world's had stalled for a bit. She's now got an amazingly strong body! We call her Wonder Woman!
08 Jan
Also, congratulations on doing such an amazing job so far!
09 Jan
Wow that awesome. I have heard of diets based on blood type (like A+ or O-) I didn't know that they did blood work to find out what's best though.
Image_thumb
8 Posts
Jan 8, 2016 9:07am
via Android

I just found this. I hope it helps. It allows you to adjust based on your needs (ex. High Carb, Moderate, Zone Diet, and Low Carb)
macronutrientcalculator.com

Image_thumb
54 Posts
Jan 9, 2016 12:28am
via Android

Ratios will be different for everyone. I pretty stick with 3rds. I do about 35/35/30 (P/F/C). I like higher protein for my migraines. Going LOW carb makes me sick and headachey, so I don't like the carbs to dip too low. You will have to figure out what works best for you. Pick a ratio and try it for 6 weeks. If it works = GREAT, if not (feeling headachey, weak, bloayed, whatever...) change your macros and try again.

Image_thumb
136 Posts
Jan 9, 2016 6:41am
via Android

I downloaded a ebook on macros and determined my BMR and TDEE and more to help me.  For a busy person all the math (which isn't that much but I used to be a busy person and I probably wouldn't have done it as often then) might "scare" you away.
Read bodybuilding.coms articles on the subject. I do 40% Protein on good days but it's usually split pretty even in the 30's. I'm weight lifting so I'm trying to grow muscle and need a bit higher protein level. I use my fitness pal app to figure out numbers/precentages.

09 Jan
I found ebook on amazon. :-)
09 Jan
Also search the topics in this app for, "let's talk macros" by Scotty k. It may help.:-)
10 Jan
I am cool with eating the same stuff often so if I figure out the math for a couple days I should just be able to cycle through them.
Image_thumb
1 Post
Jan 9, 2016 7:51am
via Android

Hi

10 Jan
Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 10, 2016 1:04am
via iOS
I've tried to put links to my topics:
"Let's talk macros" and 
"Let's talk protein shakes" but the damn thing won't work. If you check my profile you can scroll through them, they answer your question. Good luck with it 
10 Jan
Thanks I'll check it out :)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51