Gvt training

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
342 Posts
Jan 8, 2016 10:01pm
via Android

This is something new I want to do, I am hoping to start this in the next 5 weeks I want to get myself conditioned properly first.....lol
Also make sure my diet is completely in tack for this and that I am on the right amount of calories!
If I am correct it will go like this!

Day 1
Chest and back
Bench press 10 sets 10 reps
Barbell rows 10 sets 10 reps
Incline flyes 3 sets 10-12 reps
Either one arm dumbbell rows or seated cable rows 3 sets 10-12 reps

Day 2
Legs and abs
Squats 10sets 10 reps
I can't do leg curls replace with box jumps? 10 sets 10 reps
Weighted sit up 3 sets 15-20 reps
Calf raises 3 sets 15-20 reps

Day 3
Rest

Day 4
Arms and shoulders
Dips 10 sets 10 reps
Dumbbell curls 10 sets 10 reps
Dumbbell Lat raise 3 sets 10-12 reps
Bent over reverse laterals 3 sets 10 - 12 reps

Perform the above 5 day cycle 6 times
Please feel free to comment and give your advice
Scotty what do you think?

09 Jan
I agree that free weight is definitely the best. I preferred to mix up a compound move with an isolation move when I did it such as a deadlift or squat into a leg curl or extension. 4 weeks would be the longest I would do this for.
09 Jan
Ya I do not think I am going to be able to do the dead lifts along with the squats because of my knee, I need to walk for work..... lol I can't do leg extensions and leg curls that is why I was thinking box jumps to help work on strength!
09 Jan
Scotty I think the 6 rounds will put me pretty close to the month mark also!
Image_thumb
821 Posts
Jan 9, 2016 2:00am
via Android

Looks brutal dawna. But Instead of box jumps consider stiff leg deadlifts.  Because stiff leg deads = hamstring rape lol. Also may want to consider adding some trap work.

Image_thumb
342 Posts
Jan 9, 2016 5:45am
via Android

Jovon it's hard to fit everything in because you have to cycle every 5 days,  I was told it's important to get that 2 days rest or I will fatigue right out!  I don't know much on this,  it's all new to me I have done 10 sets before but not as intense as this! I have some time to play around with the program as I don't start this right away!  That's why I am asking to see what can be done different! 
I am sure I will get it done though! I am doing alot of research,  it's very hard when you have never done it before,  but I am going to be ready for this challenge, here is to 2016

09 Jan
Jovon where should I put the lats into this? I actually found this on a site and printed it out! lol
09 Jan
Traps sorry it's late and I am tired I have been up for 18 hrs now so I am probably not making any sense! I will probably get up in the morning and say wtf did I write!
09 Jan
I would go with day 4. You could 3 sets 12 - 15 Reps to finish the wo
09 Jan
Ok am I understanding this right on day 4 add an extra w/o in for traps 3 sets 12-15 reps
09 Jan
Ok I will add shrugs, how does that sound?
Image_thumb
136 Posts
Jan 9, 2016 6:50am
via Android

You can do it girl. I'm new to all this weight lifting and training too.
My suggestion is to watch videos on the right form. You don't want to hurt yourself. Especially deadlifts. Jovon and others have helped me correct my form.
I don't go to a gym, so I just watch videos and read about form, muscle growth, breathing etc. I started my 3rd week on my challenge. 
Good luck!

09 Jan
Ali I am not new to training..... Lol I am new into the gvt training as it is very intense program and will fatigue your body out! The trick to this program is picking the exercises.... lol
09 Jan
Well good luck anyways. :-)
09 Jan
How long have you been training?
09 Jan
Hehe dawna is a vet
09 Jan
Well, jokes on me.:-)
Image_thumb
342 Posts
Jan 9, 2016 12:42pm
via Android

Jovon thanks so much I am looking forward to when I can start this!  I have to finish the program I am on now and I am sure my calories will need to be adjusted on this one!  Again thank you! 

Image_thumb
1655 Posts
Jan 9, 2016 4:57pm
via iOS
Are you gonna be creating the workouts Dawna??
I'm already bored doing my shred program after one week coz I'm so used to just lifting heavy shit now! 
I'd give this a shot for a while. You'll definitely have to jack your carbs up. This is NOT. Style of lifting that works well on a low carb diet that's for sure
09 Jan
Scotty I knew I had to up my carbs, I am waiting to go see the guy who does my diet but at the moment he is on holidays and opening a store, his business grew and he needs more room besides his home now, what a time to take holidays..... Lmao I will be starting this closer to the end of February as I just started back so I want to get my strength back up and than I can figure out where I am on the weights! So maybe we can all do this together!
09 Jan
I was also told the program stays the same I will give you an example say on my squats I am doing the 10 sets of 10 reps, so I do 10 10 10 9 9 9 8 8 7 7, then next time when I am scheduled to do my squats I can't up my weight until I have reached all 10 reps than the following time I may increase my weight but only by 5 pds I think you probably already know this! So my program stays the same until I am done the month....just the weight should...
09 Jan
So in other words if you can wait for me we can do this together I can send you the info if you like cause you probably dont have to do alternatives like me.... lok
09 Jan
I'll be happy to join you!! Just let me know closer to the time so I can deload a little in advance.. We'll be making gains all over the damn place!!
09 Jan
As for alternatives... So far I've got a muscle strain in my left quad & my right forearm.. A sore right knee.. Basically I'm dropping to pieces ; ))
Image_thumb
196 Posts
Jan 11, 2016 1:48pm
via Android

10 sets by 10 reps is a lot, low weight will definitely tone you up though, good luck, I like ambition ;-)

11 Jan
It is Clint it's high volume and yes you go low weight, it's a challenge that's for sure! I know with the support I get, I can get through this and thank you!
11 Jan
Most GvT programs have you lifting approximately 70-80% of your normal 10 rep max depending on your muscle endurance. I used 70% when I last did it and you really begin to feel it by the 6-7 set. After that it's just a case of hanging on & trying not to puke!!
11 Jan
Go for it! I might be inspired to do the same

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51