5 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Jan 21, 2013 3:44pm
via iOS
I would like to be able to do the splits! What exercises should I try?
21 Jan
I was cero flexible so what has helped me with my flexibility is yoga and a loooot of stretching everytime I am going to workout. Good luck! :)
21 Jan
I can do the splits x
33 Posts
Jan 21, 2013 4:25pm
via iOS
I'm a gymnast so I should know. What I do is stretch out the hamstring first so ill go in splits or over splits and flex the foot intill u feel a burn hold that for 30 sec as you get more advanced hold it longer I already can do the splits in all directions all it takes is practice
30 Posts
Jan 21, 2013 5:24pm
via Android

I want to be able to do the splits to I've been doing Splits Training it hurts me a bit because I'm not very flexible right now but practice makes perfect.
At the end when it says to do the front splits I usually keep my hands on something (chair couch or counter) and go down as far as possible.
Hope this helps

142 Posts
Jan 21, 2013 5:25pm
via iOS
I was taking karate when I got my splits going. What we used to do was stand back against the wall, and slowly slide down till you could go no more. You'd hold that for 30 sec, or longer depending on your ability. Eventually you'll start to feel the stretch and go lower the more you do it. Another way we did that was tie straps around our ankles, sit back to back with a partner, and we'd pull till the other said that's enough and hold. When I was alone I would tie it to my bed posts and do basically the same thing. It all worked, but you have to be consistent. Not to much to fast, and always be warmed up before you start the stretching. Good luck! 
47 Posts
Jan 21, 2013 6:15pm
via iOS
I do my Daily Flexibility Stretches to get a little more flexible each day. I've noticed a huge improvement in my flexibility. I do the stretches every day and I've gotten much much closer to my splits!

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51