Given I'm going to do what exerciser I can with this while dealing with both three chronic illness and painful treatment for said illnesses, I need a buddy (preferably a few) who:
- appreciates shifting of planned exercises on planned days
- encourages commitment, as needed, of the above
- suggests I try something (specific, from a collection set up listed as alternate choices or something) less intense than planned on days when the pain is too much, and
- understands when the pain really is too much. (Which is mostly, though not only, in the summer: treatments are increased in intensity so I can attend university the rest of the year.) And suggest I do something from a list given on days like that--make jewelry, write, read, blog, mediate, other things--rather than lay in bed and be miserable.
- And finally, on those days, if I'm going to just be miserable, make me get the hell out of bed. I can at least be miserable on the couch.
So it probably involves at least some messaging. And definitely getting to know me a bit more, if if only for details on what's up, and be a bit more involved, than in other cases--but I'm not asking anyone for every day of their lives, or for hours on any given day. Or to be my biographer.
Though this bit does help too, because the loneliness really gets to me over the summer.
I'm not asking you to be my therapist! You don't even have to be a real buddy. ;) The bit of conversation about things on exercise days--three a week to start--would be heavenly. Trust me.
Any takers? Please? I'm determined to do this despite the circumstances, but I crave help as possible.