NEW TO THE APP..GIVE ADVICE...PLEASE CHECK. I NEED HELP

5 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
1 Post
Sep 28, 2016 5:16am
via iOS
Okay so I'm 148 lbs and my height is 5ft 7' I know most of the weight is just fat. I use to be really into sports. I was an all-star cheerleader with the 6 pack and legs like an oax. I had a really bad injury from tumbling and really messed up my knee and hip and find it hard doing any type of exercise since a surgery I had 2-3 years ago. The surgery never really helped my injury and I still suffer from swelling and pain. Any advice on strengthening my knee and hip with out causing too much pain!?

Also I'm new to the vegetarian lifestyle. A little over a month to be exact. I did not do it for "health" reasons I did it for my love of animals so there is no animals in my diet. Any advice on a protein to build muscle.

Thank you so much for your advice it's very appreciated and needed
03 Oct
be healed in Jesus name! by HIS stripes, we are healed
536857_376022952455142_927762852_n_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 28, 2016 5:02pm
via Android

First of all, Welcome to the community. It's really great that you want to be in shape again. First of all let me tell you related to your injury that you'll hardly find some sort of body physicial who knows anatomy at the best. Even if you find out you'll just be taking opinions. Do sort opinions but please visit some real world exercise expert and show the workouts available at skimble and seek his help.

Here are a lot of lower body workouts which can possibly be bad for your knee and hip or can be helpful too. So being a fellow community member having premium membership I recommend that you do consult some doctor.

After that start doing your workouts and make aure your calorie burn are more than you take in so that you may lose fats. You can have protein shakes and seeds for protein.

Best of Luck!

28 Sep
Great! Thank you so much for the help and advice! I will definitely take up everything you said! It's really appreciated
29 Sep
No problem at all, if it helped you morally it paid the purpose.
Image_thumb
2 Posts
Sep 29, 2016 3:01am
via iOS
So depending on what and where your injury is and what your surgery involved there would be different repurcussions. If you haven't had rehab after your surgery or if it wasn't sufficient, I suggest you see a physiotherapist. My assumption is that the injury is to your acetabulum - your hip joint - and as a result there might be excessive friction and possibly slight displacement of your femur. This makes any exercise that involves walking/running difficult as well as weight lifting involving these bones (squats, lunges,burpees etc.). For cardio I suggest trying stationary biking, or if that hurts too much, go for swimming. As for weight lifting, I would focus on your upper body exercises and consult a physiotherapist on your lower body exercises. Also if the problem is friction, I would recomment you enquire about options to relieve that. Hope this helped :)
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Oct 18, 2016 11:49am
via Android

Hmm i would say HIIT training or some other cardio for losing the fat and toned quickly.

And for the injury,,well i kinda have the same problem with u but in different area..so i did first take a long long warm up and did so many strecth training maybe yoga or something for the joint..and its getting better and better..i mean u r not fully allowed do anything hard with ur injuries..heal it first with something like yoga or some easy bending movement to make the muscle and the joints get used to ur sports again.. and times to times it will get better.. but thats only my opinion

Icon_missing_thumb
10 Posts
Nov 6, 2016 9:06pm
via Android

Hello
If you tell me about your surgery, maybe i could help you  cause i am a medical professional

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51