via Android

Hey. Looking for any help I can get!

Image_thumb
1016 Posts
Apr 5, 2017 12:20am
via Android

Welcome!

Before giving any advice, I'd ask:
What's your experience level with exercise, or, if unsure how to answer that, how often have you worked out in the past 6 months? What are you looking to get out of using this app? What are your fitness goals in general?

06 Apr
in the past six months not much but two years ago, I was running and hiking like a minimum of 2 miles every day. I am trying to lose weight and tone. I dtarted a body weight loss program and I'm doing other casual workouts in between the scheduled workouts. I am trying to get in the habit of working out and being nore actuve in general. Thanks for responding!
Image_thumb
1016 Posts
Apr 6, 2017 4:20am
via Android

OK, great, so this app is pretty good for both calorie burning and muscle building, the combination of which is basically what toning is: building the muscle a bit, and losing some fat so you can see them better

Set aside some time each week, schedule your workouts like it's your job. Compromise only when absolutely necessary. You can't just not go to work because you had laundry to do, so don't think of your workouts like that, either. You deserve a commitment!

Do you have access to a gym? Any workout equipment? Cardio is great for losing weight but "toning" is best done with resistance exercises, like weight lifting, resistance bands, or bodyweight exercises (calisthenics). That's where you'll get the sculpting results, the curves in the right places. Don't worry about "bulking up" as it is something that doesn't really happen to women who aren't actively doing everything in their power to achieve that specific result. Resistance exercise will just make you look and feel better.

Exercise helps with weight loss but if you're not consciously working on nutrition it can quickly stall your progress. It is extremely helpful to start keeping a food diary. Myfitnesspal is an invaluable resource in this regard. Don't worry too much in the beginning just log your food for a week, then go back and decide on one or two things you want to change. Don't bother to log your workout calories. If you exercised for over an hour (normal day walking doesn't count) give yourself one or two hundred bonus calories to eat, but otherwise you're going to just overestimate your calories burned with exercise and end up eating it back and not making the progress you expect to make.

I'm going to list some routines that I remember being pretty good for bodyweight exercises. Let me know if you have access to any equipment. A stability ball, some dumbbells, a few resistance bands, really open up a lot of potential.

With these routines, don't be intimidated, don't worry if you can't do everything perfectly nonstop. Take rests when you need em, take notes on how things felt, keep it in mind next time you try the workout and try to do a bit better, maybe one more rep here and there, a few seconds more work on an exercise, less rests. Remember, it's supposed to be a little challenging, progress is the goal. If you could do the workout perfectly you wouldn't have to do it in the first place. You don't have to push yourself crazy hard but just a bit more each time.

Check em out:
Scientific 7-Minute Workout
The A-Team
Sun Salutation Yoga
Drill Sergeant Mom
Standing Ab Abuse

You can browse the database and try any without you feel like. If you find that you don't like it, you can quit and try a different one. You kinda have to just jump in and start rather than try to figure out the perfect plan.

Let me know how it goes. Hopefully some of this was helpful and not too off base.

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Workout Trainer Forums

Welcome Wagon

6,220 topics, 38,283 posts

Motivation & Support

8,522 topics, 41,761 posts

App Updates

14 topics, 44 posts

Ask the Pros

719 topics, 1,828 posts

Workouts and Programs