Girl answers for this?:o

21 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
26 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 3:30pm
via Android

When its that time of the month, what kind of exercises do you guys do? I get really crampy and uncomfortable during those times, but I'd feel so bad if I don't work out! I can't go on a week without exercising!:/

25 Jan
Try to do a bit lighter exercises like pilates or choose
25 Jan
... casual workout mode
28 Jan
there's this one pose, not sure what it's called, that really helps with cramps. Lie on your back, hug your knees to your chest and tuck in your chin. Hope that's of some help. Strawberry leaf tea is supposed to be good for that stuff, but i never drink it because i'm not crazy about the taste, so i wouldn't know.
Image_thumb
118 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 3:41pm
via Android

I was going to post the same thing. I'm exhausted, crampy, & my back hurts. I tend to get migraines & faint. My time of the month reduces me to rubble. :(  I find when I try to work out the fainting is more frequent & my period is heavier & lasts longer. I usually try a detox to off set my lack of activity.

25 Jan
You lose a lot of your Iron during menstrual cycle, ladies. The dizzy, fainting episodes may come from that. Always Up your Iron intake during your this time. Hope that helps...
Image_thumb
26 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 3:43pm
via Android

I took 800mg of ibuprofen and I'm gonna try lighter exercises, so yeahhh. The reason why I'm taking such a high dose of ibuprofen is because my gynecologist recommended it for me. I get all nauseous on mine. But right now I'm fine, this might be a happy period

Image_thumb
142 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 3:48pm
via iOS
Hmmm, try Midol and a heating pad, maybe. Theres nothing I don't do. It's a part of who we are, and it's there for YEARS, lol... so don't let it control what you do and don't do! 
H€!!, I even go swimming! 
Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 3:54pm
via Android

I would bet that you are low in iron, that is how I get when I'm on mine cause my iron levels drop. Try taking an iron supplement during you're period. I take pre natels on a,regular and since then I'm not so tired while on my period. Also talk to your gyno about to see if that is you're problem.

Image_thumb
85 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 3:56pm
via Android

Also drink tons of water to help replenish your body of the fluid lost.

Image_thumb
118 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 4:01pm
via Android

I'm not low iron. I have other issues that cause fainting. The hormoans are part of what is making me faint. My gyn, & cardio suggest I take it easy.

Image_thumb
109 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 4:05pm
via Android

I agree with Arlene. I workout hard when it's that time of the month. We're going to have it a long time so we have to deal with it. The more active I am the less cramps I have. I just take Ibuprofen for the cramps if they get bad.

217804_581130335234342_16501411_n_thumb
10 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 4:12pm
via Android

I do lots of cardio the bloating is because your retaining water.. i notice i tend to sweat more during that time when i work out.. plus when it is that time of the month you notice you look bigger. So a nice warm pad on the tummy for cramps and maybe some excedrin for headaches. And a positive attitude even though you feel like ripping someones arms out lol

Image_thumb
118 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 4:32pm
via Android

I'd like to point out that while menstration is a lot we all face it is different for everyone. I had an Aunt who was a very fit athelet, she had severe endometriosis. When she had her period she would be unable to get out of bed. She had a hysterectomy at 20.
My health issues are not period related but are aggravated by the hormones during my time of the month.

Image_thumb
142 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 5:12pm
via Android

Everyone is different. Ib personally have great workouts that time of month. I've been living PCOD since I was 13 and have found that my intense workout regimen has actually helped control my periods. They are shorter and less irritating. Before I worked out like this they were crippling and just horrible! Good luck :)

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Jan 25, 2013 6:18pm
via iOS
I agree with Elizabeth. Everyone is different. Me, personally, I do zumba during that week & i do cardio. I don't really switch up my routine or anything, just do something. If all you can do is walk for an hour, it's something.
Image_thumb
6 Posts
Jan 26, 2013 1:49am
via Android

I take a break during that time since Im anemic and i don't want to push my self too hard

261067_100000202428152_458930581_n_thumb
3 Posts
Jan 26, 2013 1:57am
via Android

First i would take some Midol or whatever you prefer...I would do Yoga. Not too much of a workout just streching the body(:

Image_thumb
112 Posts
Jan 26, 2013 2:02am
via Android

I'll weight train still but cardio is limited to walking. My body feels far too heavy.

Icon_missing_thumb
29 Posts
Jan 26, 2013 7:47pm
via Android

Just put a heating pad on the tummy and relax those few weeks when i am on my period i just feel like im gonna tear somebodys head off

Image_thumb
7 Posts
Jan 26, 2013 11:57pm
via Android

I Get really sick durring my Menstraul, I go through Bloating, Fatigue, Vomiting, Body Aches, soreness , Headaches an Awful Cramps- Im ussually Bed bound the First couple of days- I go thru extreme heavy bleeding so i  dont do much exercise till the third or fourth day- its important to listen to ur Body  an treat ur Body right, you wont get the maxium workot yu desire forcing ur Body if nt feeling able to do so-- To each their own though, do wat ur comfortable in doing- wish u all the best !

04 Apr
I get the same symptoms as you do. I can't even exercise the first couple of days. I try a heat pad and taking pain killers but that doesn't work. The only thing that calms my pains down for a bit is chamomile tea :)
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Apr 4, 2013 11:16am
via iOS
Image_thumb
79 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 12:32pm
via Android

I just stop swimming and don't do stretches with wide legs etc. I drink more water and I try not to do intense and tough workouts however that doesn't mean I don't workout at all.

Image_thumb
73 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 5:55pm
via Android

Heating bad and nice warm baths always help♡

Icon_missing_thumb
135 Posts
Apr 4, 2013 6:11pm
via Android

Im in that time of month(almost done) and i just did the same exercises but gentally and not to much.

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51