Let's be friends 😁

9 posts | Original | Recent

0401ca0c-4735-45af-8b11-79e03ed02161_thumb
2 Posts
Mar 7, 2019 12:20am
via Android

33 year old female located in NorCal. No kids, no hard drugs, drink expensive beer occasionally, very single by choiceπŸ‘Œ.

I have been diagnosed with Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Dissociative Identity Disorder which include symptoms such as depression with suicidal tendencies and severe social anxiety all due to about 14 years of childhood sexual abuse as well as other abusive incidents throughout my life.

I've had a lifelong struggle with confidence due to being overweight! The worst part of it all is the fact that believe it or not I actually struggle to eat! My appetite is basically non-existent and I use medicinal cannabis to stimulate my appetite. My very very poor eating habits have played a huge part in my physical health problems. I'm trying my best to improve my mental health and I know improving my physical health will be a massive step forward in my quest for mental stability.

Toward the end of 2014 I was beyond fed up with myself and started changing my life. I was packing 250 lbs on my little 5 ft tall frame... it was not pretty. I started eating healthily, exercising regularly and losing weight very rapidly. By the beginning of 2016 I was in the best physical shape I'd been in years and was only 10 lbs away from my goal weight of 150. I was ecstatic and so proud of myself... I couldn't believe that I had made it so far and I felt so much better in every way. Unfortunately, I allowed myself to get caught up in a controlling and abusive relationship from mid 2015 to the end of 2016. I was able to keep myself going during the relationship because the abuser very much liked to remind me that I was fat. The relationship ended when I put him in jail for physical abuse and the best thing I ever did was get away from that evil human being, but the after effect of that mental trauma was gaining over half of the weight back that I had lost. Some of this weight gain was partly due to new mental health medications my doctor had put me on, but knowing that did not make me feel like any less of a failure.Β I'm now working alongside therapists and psychiatrists to improve my overall health.

I have been using Skimble's Workout Trainer for about 5 years now and I absolutely love it, but I've avoided the community section completely. I'm hoping to find some new friends that are going through this journey as well, somebody that might need an occasional ear or some words of encouragement. I'd love the opportunity to support others because we all need a friendly little kick in the ass sometimes! Good luck to all and thanks for reading! 😊

Oh, and PLEASE message me if you would like to chat!

Image_thumb
66 Posts
Mar 19, 2019 7:46am
via Android

Melissa!Β  Welcome to skimble! I was on here a while ago and now I'm just getting back! The community on this app helped keep me motivated and get back in shape!

Image_thumb
210 Posts
Mar 19, 2019 9:15pm
via Android

Welcome to Skimble. All the best with your mission.

Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Mar 19, 2019 10:31pm
via iOS
Glad you are here, You can do this, You are worth itΒ 
Image_thumb
64 Posts
Mar 28, 2019 2:39am
via Android

Sup?

Image_thumb
1 Post
Mar 30, 2019 3:38am
via iOS
Welcome to the world of healthy living ;)Β 
10 Jun
Lol well clearly you did not read my post, but thanks. I'm not new to this.
Image_thumb
64 Posts
Apr 1, 2019 2:54am
via Android

Hey, so I'm Brynne/Britt! I'm 14 but I just wanted to say I've gone through depression and have tried on many occasions to commit suicide but I'm getting over with lots of help! Your not alone and you can do it!
Btw the Keto diet is awsome!!

27 Apr
no matter how low or down you feel there is always someone that will listern or be there for you you have a special gift of life an some people dont get as long be strong an remember the people that love you an who are in your life e.g. family friends xx
30 Apr
Hold your head up girl happy your still with us if you wanna add me ill add back and we can motivate each other
09 May
stay strong πŸ’ͺ
10 Jun
Feel free to message me, Britt!! We can talk about things if you need. 😊
11 Jun
Awww thank u!
Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 3, 2019 9:32pm
via Android

Hi all
I'm from Bahrain, had some old experience her and I'm her again...
Hope to exchange support with you guys and move towards the desired goals..

Image_thumb
2 Posts
May 9, 2019 5:02am
via Android

Good luck with your journey and being chubby or thick is not bad.If you ever need someone to talk you can talk to me! Keep fighting πŸ’ͺ

Skimble-workout-trainer-download-app-recommended-programs

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51

Sports Tracker Forums

Runners

9 topics, 37 posts

Welcome Wagon

3 topics, 23 posts

Motivation & Support

10 topics, 75 posts

Help

24 topics, 89 posts

Feedback

5 topics, 18 posts

Injuries

4 topics, 15 posts

Featured Training Programs

Lean Pilates: Control

Lean Pilates: Control

Casual Time 3 Weeks
Kick-Off Mania

Kick-Off Mania

Moderate Time 2 Weeks
Weight Loss 3

Weight Loss 3

Intense Time 4 Weeks
Calisthenics 1.0

Calisthenics 1.0

Casual Time 2 Weeks
Harvard Health Gym Coach

Harvard Health Gym Coach

Moderate Time 3 Weeks
Body Blast Bootcamp

Body Blast Bootcamp

Intense Time 4 Weeks

Featured Workouts

Luxurious Yin

Luxurious Yin

Casual Ic_time_32x32 45 mins  
Yoga  
Built by Barbell

Built by Barbell

Moderate Ic_time_32x32 16 mins  
Back   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Barbell
Tough Tabata

Tough Tabata

Intense Ic_time_32x32 23 mins  
Full Body   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Box or Step, Medicine Ball, Jump Rope
Inhibition

Inhibition

Casual Ic_time_32x32 6 mins  
Legs   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Foam Roller
Core 50-10

Core 50-10

Moderate Ic_time_32x32 31 mins  
Core  
Pull 'n' Throw

Pull 'n' Throw

Intense Ic_time_32x32 15 mins  
Back   Ic_workout_dumbbell_32x32 Kettlebell, Dumbbell, Bench, Medicine Ball, Pull Up Bar