Questions.....

8 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Jan 26, 2013 11:31pm
via Android

Ok so is it better to exercise EVERYDAY or should you give your body a day or two to recupe? I have been going pretty balls to the wall since i started some days heavier than others but still...

Image_thumb
51 Posts
Jan 26, 2013 11:47pm
via iOS
I heard that its better to give your body breaks instead of doing it everyday...just something I heard...but I'm not sure.
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jan 26, 2013 11:56pm
via Android

Lets start with the basics: What's your long term goal?

26 Jan
I am looking to lose about 110 pounds..safely and healthy..this is my fourth day of it and I also have restricted myself to a 1200 calorie intake and completely cut out soda as well
27 Jan
Okay! Check it out. Weight loss is a very heavily debated topic so I am not going to get into the fundamental principles but I will gently guide you in the right direction for a beginner. There are MANY different weightloss plans suited for MANY different people. The reason these work (some better than others, but nonetheless (f.p.)) is because they all share a common denominator of more calories burned than calories taken in. If followed religiously, it is physically impossible to not drop the weight if the calories out are greater than the calories in. Now as far as...
27 Jan
Ok..well then so far I am on the right track I think
Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jan 27, 2013 12:15am
via Android

Let me know if you have any specific questions in particular. I will help as much as I can

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jan 27, 2013 12:22am
via Android

As your calorie deficits add up, you will see the weightloss results. -3500 calories = 1 lb lost. Do NOT rely on the scale to provide an accurate scheme of progress. Weigh yourself ONCE every TWO weeks. NO MORE. Pictures and calipers are the best way to track body fat loss. GOOD LUCK!!!

Image_thumb
25 Posts
Jan 27, 2013 12:23am
via Android

So the fact that my calorie counter says that im 1592 under my weekly calorie goal is a good thing right??

Image_thumb
9 Posts
Jan 27, 2013 12:26am
via Android

It could be. I'm not sure of your lifestyle, physical needs, and bilogical make up, but generally speaking, if you are being honest with yourself and accurately filling in your counter then yes! -~1500 is good and compliments your goal!

27 Jan
The flipside here is that your counter may have inaccurately calculated a higher TDEE and put your calories in higher than it should but I'm not sure! These tools are quite trivial!
27 Jan
I'm very honest I even add down to the condiment on a sandwich!! Lol. I figured the only one I'm cheating is myself so yeah...I know in the past I ate well over 1200 calories and ate only a meal or two a day and snacked. So I have completky changed my eating habits. And although I'm sore as hell from the work outs I already feel better..more energized and not sluggish
27 Jan
I have noticed that the calories counters are screwy..I have checked out several and lose it is my favorite. I try to go by the packaging if possible
Jan 27, 2013 12:32am
via Android

Yeah give yourself a day or two to let your muscles to expand. Otherwise you will just be straining your muscles and not alowing them to grow.

27 Jan
Thanks christopher

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51