LOST 87 lbs...time to ADD MUSCLE!

14 posts | Original | Recent

Icon_missing_thumb
172 Posts
Aug 19, 2012 2:39pm
A little bit about me...January 7th of this year I weighed in at 242 lbs, the heaviest Ive been in my LIFE. My journey started that day...I joined myfitnesspal and started eating right, exercising and focusing on hitting my goal weight of 170...on 5/29/12 I hit that goal weight- lost 72lbs in 144 days. COMPLETELY NATURAL...no weight loss supplements, fat burners, etc. Not even a gym membership...I just worked out at home. After hitting goal weight I stopped calorie counting and took a break from mfp...continued to lose a additional 15 pounds. SURPASSING my original goal weight of 170...and now weighing in at 155 and now I am officially finished trying to lose weight". I'm now moving on to the second part in this weight loss journey...adding muscle! I JUST started weight lifting and now my main focus is getting my body fat percentage down and adding some much needed...muscle definition and THAT is where WORKOUT TRAINER is going to help!!! :-)
Image_thumb
174 Posts
Aug 19, 2012 6:43pm
via iOS
Nice job!  Love weight loss stories like yours. Especially the ones that cost little to no money. Anyone can do it from home, am I right?!?!
Icon_missing_thumb
172 Posts
Aug 19, 2012 7:34pm
You are absolutely right!!!
Image_thumb
43 Posts
Aug 19, 2012 8:24pm
via iOS
So inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 20, 2012 4:42am
via iOS
What is my fitness pal?  Great results.
Image_thumb
131 Posts
Aug 20, 2012 4:50am
via iOS
Keep on working hard u can do it :D
Icon_missing_thumb
172 Posts
Aug 20, 2012 1:22pm
www.myfitnesspal.com you use the site to log foods and calories eaten...workouts and calories burned. they also have a phone app
Icon_missing_thumb
1 Post
Aug 22, 2012 5:50am
via iOS
Congrats! Could you tell us how you lost the weight? Did you have a certain daily workout routine! Please tell!
Image_thumb
15 Posts
Aug 22, 2012 11:58am
via iOS
I am SO proud and happy for you! Keep on going +++ 
Image_thumb
3 Posts
Aug 22, 2012 11:26pm
via iOS
That's awesome, I'm trying to lose weight to.. I'm 15, 4'10" and about 90lbs, I want to lose some weight, what do y'all think is an appropriate weight?
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 23, 2012 1:43pm
via iOS
Sedona, you are 15, be 15! Enjoy biking with your friends, go walk the malls, find a jogging buddy and find a sport team. You my dear need to stop focusing on being smaller and just start feeling better with what you do. If I knew at 15 what I know now- all the awful things I told myself in my head, I was my worst critic, I was a bully to myself, and THAT'S what started the bad food cycle. Please, even if I am a total stranger, take some honest advice- enjoy being 15, enjoy friendships and sports and just having fun. See all those favorite parts about yourself and the ones that bother you? I bet you're the only one who sees it. Be proud of what you CAN do, and challenge yourself once a month with something you thought you couldn't do. * I waited until I was 36 and completely terrified of any heights, I challenged myself this year an climbed a pyramid AND  dove in a cenote! Now I KNOW I am my biggest barrier, nothing and no one else... Be you, be active and HAVE FUN doing it!!! :)
Image_thumb
1 Post
Aug 23, 2012 5:17pm
via iOS
Your story hits so close for me, I only hope with dedication i can meet the same results you have. I at my heaviest was 268 i am now at 246  but stauling out. So i joined mfp per a friend who has lost 48 lbs on this proram! Congrats on you achievment, and good luck in reaching your next goal !!!
Image_thumb
10 Posts
Aug 24, 2012 2:23am
via iOS
Wow your story is really Inspiring. And to have that much confidence to just start that day! Keep up the good work and check out the Harvard program builds muscle quickly.
Image_thumb
12 Posts
Aug 24, 2012 4:11am
via iOS
Hey great story! I can't believe how much you lost in such a short amount of time, and from home! Truly amazing! Was it a lot of strength training or do you have cardio machines at home? I'd love to hear what you did for exercise. Also, if youre interested add me and we can motivate each other with different workouts! I also have MFP too

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51