4 posts | Original | Recent
14 Posts
Feb 1, 2013 12:48am
via Android

It may be a silly question, however, when I do crunches and things like that, my neck hurts. What am I doing wrong?thankkks

01 Feb
maybe have ur arms over ur chest if u dont already. just so ur not pulling on ur neck
11 Posts
Feb 1, 2013 12:58am
via Android

Check ur form...if u are pulling on ur neck instead of using abs to crunch u will cause stress to neck muscles..if u cant do a full crunch in proper form do halfs and work on building core strength with planks or boat pose.....

45 Posts
Feb 1, 2013 1:31am
via Android

There is a muscle group called the Erector Spinae that attaches near your tail bone and runs all the way up to the back of your skull. These muscles are used in most core exercises, especially crunches and situps. This muscle is often under-developed for most people as is the rest of their cores. If your neck is just a little stiff and if your experiencing a dull pain, then this is simply muscle soreness and it will bother you less as you become more accustomed to exercise. If the pain is sharp and if your neck seems to snap or click when you move it, then you may need to see a doctor if those symptoms persist.

19 Posts
Feb 1, 2013 4:04am
via Android

Try lifting your head towards the sky instead of your knees

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51