Does Skimble really work???

18 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Feb 4, 2013 11:49am
via Android

I see a lot of posts on here from newbies asking if skimble really works?

Just to be clear, Skimble doesn't achieve your goals without you being committed and motivated and you doing the hard work yourself. You will get results if you work; Skimble is a route to helping you achieve those results. Eating right will help you greatly too.

I had been wanting to improve my fitness and improve how my body looks for a while after some weight loss. I found the app and have been using it for one month quite consistently and I can see and feel changes in my body. I have also started to play women's basketball which is great cardio and do a capoeira course.

I find the variety of workouts whets my appetite and keeps it fresh and other skimblers give support encouragement and inspiration which keeps me going too. Sometimes I do feel overwhelmed by the amount of workouts available and I don't always know what to choose to do but again, support and advice is always available.

My goal hasn't been to lose weight or put on weight, just feel good in my own skin, look better in and out of clothes and I'm closer to achieving that every day. Only one month of using this I am definitely more toned, I feel much more enthusiastic about working out. I can't wait to see how I improve in the next few months. The points also encourage me to work harder and do more. Maybe friendly competition too?

Skimble may not be for everyone, maybe you prefer workout dvds, classes or using the gym. I just love that I can do these workouts at home or wherever I may be just using my phone.

It would be great to hear from other skimblers and their experience of using this app and their success stories of solely using this or using the app in conjunction with other exercise.

04 Feb
I really like the amount if workouts available. Its helps keep me interested and seeing progress. I use skimble Mon - Fri
04 Feb
I couldn't have put it any better. I feel exactly the way you do about the app. Awesome
09 May
I would like to add that Skimblr help me out a lot one day. Each day I see my results. When I started I lost total wright of 30lbs and seeing my stomach strink but I have.40lbs mre pounds t o reached my goal.:-):-):-):-) It up too and your determined because I set a goal for myself each week to get my target in addition this apps has helped me out a lot with moral support and motivation. :-):-):-):-):-) I soley use this apps for all my workout needs unless I runn or walk from time to time.
09 May
Couldn't agree more.
Image_thumb
170 Posts
Feb 4, 2013 1:11pm
via iOS
Well if u get really sweaty after ur workouts then it works but if u don't sweat like hell you should find a more intense workout
09 May
Not necessarily the case. I rarely sweat with yoga yet it had definitely produced results. Depends on what you want from your workout
Image_thumb
55 Posts
Feb 4, 2013 3:53pm
via iOS
The advice and support is wonderful. Living in the rural south, not too many people I know are committed to their health at the level I am...it's nice to come here and be surrounded by like minded people. I don't use skimble solely as my workout tool...I run, dance and hike. But it is great for rainy/cold days and helps me with muscle building. Definitely have noticed a difference in my eagerness to workout since I've had this app.
Image_thumb
114 Posts
Feb 4, 2013 11:31pm
via iOS
I totally agree with you, Natasha.  I've lost about 35 pounds using Skimble ... before I paid to go pro.  (I also use myfitnesspal for calorie tracking).  In addition to the convenience and variety of workouts, I've begun to enjoy creating new workouts that are helping me to reach new fitness goals.  When you use it to its fullest, and add dieting tools, you can achieve similar results to that of "Insanity" and P90x ... In my humble opinion.
Icon_missing_thumb
2 Posts
Feb 5, 2013 2:00pm
via Android

I only just started with the program because I was looking for an app that got on my back and reminded me about working out and reminded me when and what, though to be honest I do the workouts my friend gives me because he has experience that I can rely on so what I do is just use it to find a really casual workout and use that to warm up not saying that you guys aren't reliable or don't know what your talking about or anything,
But anyway it's helping me remember workout schedule and getting me to do warm-up
So far big help though I have just started

Image_thumb
60 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 8:53pm
via Android

Any more happy skimblers? Let's reduce the number of sceptical newbies!

09 Feb
I would have to agree with the majority of you. Skimble has helped me so far. I finally made a commitment to myself to eat right and squeeze in exercise. Skimble is helping on the exercise and motivation part. The exercises offered range in length and fitness level. I'm pairing it with Noom to track calories and using their built in pedometer. Another app called my diet coach is also helping a lot. It has tons of good advice and let's you upload motivational photos and reminders so you remember to do certain things. All of these combined with trying...
Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 9, 2013 9:19pm
via iOS
Personally I only started this week, but the exercises that I do, they definitely break a sweat, I have had so much more energy and i also use a calorie counter app. To keep track of my calories. I have never in my life felt this amazing! Personally it works for me, and there are so many amazing and encouraging people on here that you can talk to also!
275088_100004322075803_111077012_n_thumb
1 Post
Feb 9, 2013 9:29pm
via iOS
c
Image_thumb
60 Posts
May 9, 2013 6:36am
via Android

For the newbies. Stick to getting fit and being active! It's really worked for so many of us!

186233_1223253334_1381419747_n_thumb
3 Posts
May 9, 2013 7:39am
via iOS
I'm a newbie and I have a few questions.... Would it be better to go pro or do a suggested program?
10 May
Sorry, answered your question but its further up the thread! Go pro!
Image_thumb
58 Posts
May 9, 2013 1:20pm
via iOS
So true, I have to say this is one of the best workout apps. Not only because of the workout they put on here, but the community that it proves. Real people who are looking for a healthier lifestyle and who are looking to take to next step and motivate one another. 
Fullsizeoutput_9c0_thumb
667 Posts
May 9, 2013 2:03pm
via iOS
It has what you need to loose weight so it's up to you. Do you want to make it work?
Image_thumb
123 Posts
May 9, 2013 3:36pm
via Android

I accidentally stumbled on to this app about six months ago. For me its worth paying the monthly fee. I've always struggled with my weight. Have bought so many different dvd sets, tried sensa and several different over the counter weight loss pills. Never got the results that I have gotten using this app with zumba. I have lost 30 and down two sizes.

10 May
I'm not a fan of fitness dvds so this has been a godsend for me to get active!
Image_thumb
31 Posts
May 10, 2013 3:47am
via iOS
I love this app I lost 10lbs in the first week just by changing my diet and using workouts from here. I now feel gross when I eat something unhealthy. This app kind of changed my life, I realized how easy it is to be healthy and I love the support you get from others here
10 May
Excellent! So great to hear!
13 Jun
So true, its been grreat for me, keeps me accountable and we help one another through encouragements. I am always looking forward to feed back, opinions and support. It is gteat, yes I do all the work, but everyone thats involved motivates me to keep going. Thank you all! : )
Image_thumb
60 Posts
May 10, 2013 8:12am
via Android

I would go pro if I were you. You can do so much more workouts,  create your own and do a series of workouts that would be your own programme x

Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 15, 2013 9:00pm
via iOS
What is skimble?
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 15, 2013 9:01pm
via iOS
what does it mean.
Image_thumb
14 Posts
Jun 15, 2013 9:05pm
via iOS
I googled "skimble" and i got a page about this app.     So i think i know does it refer to    Thx for help

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51