Need some motivation!

2 posts | Original | Recent
1 Post
Feb 5, 2013 8:31pm
via Android

So Im in need of some motivation, Im a wildland fire fighter an as the seasons coming up I need to get back on schudule to keep up with the boys, Ive been going on runs but not frequently, I was hoping this app would help keep me on track an get some motivation from others, Im trying to shed a frew extra lbs, but most importantly get back in shape for work. It be nice to have someone who is actively working out keep me on track !

05 Feb
First off, that font color made it hard to read your post. I'm working out daily and would love to be a motivator for you. My workouts are tough and designed to push myself to my limits. Not sure if that is what you are looking for. But there are tons of other people on here killing it and would love to support you as well. Let me know if I can help in any way. And good luck. Looking forward to your updates and success stories. Show those boys what's up! SD3
05 Feb
That is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for getting back to me so fast, I've already started up today! I'm looking forward to having someone to help keep me active, hopefully these boys will be having to keep up with me! :)
50 Posts
Feb 5, 2013 10:23pm
via Android

I had trouble getting motivated to run (and keep doing it). I'd run a mile or so and I was bored. It didn't matter if I was listening to music or whatever. I had registered for a 5K and that was the only thing that kept me running once a week-- barely.

I finally decided to try a game, Zombies, Run!, to keep me entertained and motivated while I ran. It kept me running until it became a habit and now I run 5K or more almost every day.

05 Feb
So explain this game? :) I run at least a mile every other day, but after I run the mile I just want to go home, anything helps. Thanks.
05 Feb
It's an app. Basically, you're a runner at a camp of survivors and you run missions and the game keeps track of your speed, distance run (there's GPS or accelerometer tracking, so you can run indoors or outside), etc. As you run, zombies will pop up and chase you and you have to outrun them. It's fun and an entertaining story, so it keeps you from zoning out and helps you stay focused on your run.
05 Feb
Well I think I'm going to get that right now! Sounds fun. I'll test it out tomorrow an let you know how I like it. Thanks for the tip!
05 Feb
Awesome. I hope you like it.
06 Feb
I LOVE ZOMBIES RUN! seriously, it's so cool and takes your mind off the feeling that your chest is gonna explode

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51