Can drink?

7 posts | Original | Recent

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Feb 6, 2013 8:50am
via Android

Hey evryone!i need a serious help 4m al of u. .
Can u please tell me if drinking beer affects abs?m askng as m a beer enthusiast and working out for abs too!
Three cheers for heinkien.

07 Feb
Guess you could try that ultra light michelobe beer. I don't drink personally, gave it up last year with smoking. They go hand in hand for me unfortunately.
Image_thumb
66 Posts
Feb 6, 2013 2:53pm
via Android

As a fellow beer enthusiast, I can attest to the fact that it does have an effect on the abs. But the good news is that in turn equals a better and longer workout and THAT leads to feeling accomplished and better about yourself : )

07 Feb
Thanx a lot chelsea. U made my day!
Image_thumb
57 Posts
Feb 7, 2013 12:28am
via Android

If your not helping your body your hurting it.

Image_thumb
32 Posts
Feb 7, 2013 3:16am
via Android

Amen brotha! I love to work out and run and just in genral work up a sweat! But i also drink my fair share of beer. I dont no wat it does to ur abs but i do no for me i always go that extra mile because i drink beer. I like to work as hard as play i guess.

Image_thumb
45 Posts
Feb 7, 2013 4:36am
via Android

The problem with beer, and most alcoholic beverages, is that it's a junk food. That is, it's simply empty calories with no nutritional value whatsoever. That doesn't mean you can't drink it, but it does mean you should eat less calories throughout the rest of your day. Make sure, however, that you are still receiving adequate amounts of protein and carbohydrates; people tend to foolishly cut these out along with calories in their diet. But more importantly, what is your fitness goal? Do you only want a six-pack, or do you want to be in good shape? Also, is a six-pack to you really worth putting one of your passions on the back-burner for? Really, you don't need cut abdominals to look good or be in shape. I know plenty of people who have body-fat above 10 percent, but they could run circles around me. And mine is around 3 percent!

Image_thumb
5 Posts
Feb 7, 2013 5:51am
via Android

I can give up a lot of things, but drinking is a no go. I work in a bar, and its just part of the environment i am constantly around. I have cut back, massively, and will have the occasional sober week to jump start a new program but im a drinker, and thats that. What ive started doing that has really helped me is instead of my normal cocktails, i do straight vodka. Vodka is the lowest calorie alcohol. If straight is too harsh, you can always had a spash of no calorie flavoring, like mio. Since your a beer drinker thoguh, thats tough. Seeing as your only real alternative is "light beer" which taste anything like a well crafted brew.

Image_thumb
18 Posts
Feb 7, 2013 6:22pm
via Android

Thanx dryte.nice reply.

09 Feb
Us drunks have to stick together :)
09 Feb
Ya right!:-)

Workout_trainer_icon Workout_trainer_logo_184x72

Follow along workouts & programs on your phone or tablet.

Wt_iphone_featured_68x134 Wt_ipad_do_workout_171x134

Download_app_store_ios Download_google_play_android_172x51